My Sling Molted!

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
My Brachypelma vagans sling finally molted! Since its a sling should I still wait a week like larger Ts?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If you can get a look at the fangs, they are a useful indicator of when your T is ready to feed. (If the fangs are not solid black, don't feed.)

Otherwise I'd wait a week for slings and smaller juveniles just to be safe.

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
If you can get a look at the fangs, they are a useful indicator of when your T is ready to feed. (If the fangs are not solid black, don't feed.)

Otherwise I'd wait a week for slings and smaller juveniles just to be safe.
Yeah I'm just going to wait a week

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
With many faster growing species 3 days is plenty....but with a Brachy...

^^^

yes, I would wait a week just to be safe. IME even small Brachys can take just a little longer IME.
hm, i never waited very long with my 4. dont remember if they actually took it though haha

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
hm, i never waited very long with my 4. dont remember if they actually took it though haha
Ok so I just saw my sling pick up dirt and I had to move it in order for it to let go if the dirt. Should I be concerned and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It will pick up dirt often. They are remodelling their home :)

It wont hurt itself, best to leave it be.

cold blood

Staff member
Ok so I just saw my sling pick up dirt and I had to move it in order for it to let go if the dirt. Should I be concerned and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?
There are only 2 ways to prevent a t from moving substrate...1. Kill the spider, 2. house it without substrate.

I don't recommend either.

This is what ts do...how you suppose a burrow is built or a hide excavated? You don't prevent it from happening, you watch it happen...it can be pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
T
There are only 2 ways to prevent a t from moving substrate...1. Kill the spider, 2. house it without substrate.

I don't recommend either.

This is what ts do...how you suppose a burrow is built or a hide excavated? You don't prevent it from happening, you watch it happen...it can be pretty interesting.
The problem is that it just molted today