My scorpions don't eat

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have not seen them touch a lick of food. I have tried pinhead crickets because they are still young. Then i tried medium sized ones and none of the three eat anything.

Uroctonus

Arachnopeon
Scorpions stop eating for a number of reasons. It can be because the cage temperature isn't right, it's stressed, or sometimes scorpions will fast for a period without any apparent reason, then eat. Scorpions have pretty low metabolism sometimes rivaling those of growing vegetables, and can stand not to eat for a while. What kind of scorpion is it, and whats the enclosure your keeping it in like?

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a heterometrus sp. of some kind. For the time being each is housed in a seperate plastic case to avoid problems between them. I have a heating red light, but the temp is usually in the 80s. The humidity is not on point and when I checked right now it is around 60%. They have not eaten since i got them from the store.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long has it been since you got them? If it's just recently, they may still be stressed and adjusting to the move. Give them a bit of time, and don't worry if they don't eat all that much right now.

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They may be a bit stressed out from moving into a new home... They seem more agressive toward me then their food. lol well I will leave them alone and let them adjust

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How big is the area where you are keeping them? They need a big area, these are happy spp when they burrow..usually

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big is the area where you are keeping them? They need a big area, these are happy spp when they burrow..usually
They are in small plastic containers with about a inch of coco fiber. They haven't burrowed and in one i put a coconut and shes in there all the time. I put a floppy disk propped on a rock for the smaller one. I have a tank, but they seem aggressive to one another and I don't care to test them with each other. Anything i could do at the moment or wait until they mature?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know, but they need to be in something a lot bigger. Not like this;) ;)

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anywayz i am about to put the two H. Longimanus in the 10 gallon tank together. If they can stand each other then they live if not then one dies

Last edited:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Am I missing something or is the same person re-registering under different names and posting very similar questions over and over again? :?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nope you are correct. Unfortuanely I have no idea why, but whatever...someone will see it and fix it..

ANTHONY.T

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a heterometrus sp. of some kind. For the time being each is housed in a seperate plastic case to avoid problems between them. I have a heating red light, but the temp is usually in the 80s. The humidity is not on point and when I checked right now it is around 60%. They have not eaten since i got them from the store.

75% / 80% for Heterometrus sp