My Rosie Laid Eggs! Help Needed Fast! Please Reply!

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks like the copulation was a sucess. My big rosie laid some eggs, but I don't know if it's gonna make it. Here is the thing. She laid them but she silk casing isn't perfectly form for some reason. On some part I can see if lift up one side I can see yellow eggs, but some part are completely sealed inside silk. There's dirt on the eggs, but the eggs seem OK...no smell or turning brown. I'm not sure what happened. I tooked the coconut shell out and she laid during those thime. I think that's the reason the casing is all jumbled and messed up. I'm not sure when she laid them, but the eggs seems perfectly OK. At this point I'm not sure what to do. Should I remove the eggs from the egg sack and incubate it seperately. How do I do it? I'm hoping the eggs will survive if I move quickly, but I want opinion and option. Right now I'm looking through "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide"! I read a little section about eggs over easy, but couldn't remember everything. I'll read it again. But i wan't other experienced keepers to give me more advice. Thank you!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can you take some pics? A visual will help out a ton before we tell you what you might be able to do. It might be fine and it might not be but we need a picture to make sure before we advise manual incubation this earily.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Talkenlate will know better what to do than me but I would say you should leave the eggs in the sack and incubate the sack with a machanical mom. I'm just not sure what I would do.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Talkenlate will know better what to do than me but I would say you should leave the eggs in the sack and incubate the sack with a machanical mom. I'm just not sure what I would do.
Your on the right track, but we have to see if the sac is in any condition to stay with the mom first, pulling this earily can be a big challange.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually, the sac doesn't even look like a sac. At first, I couldn't make out if she had laid eggs, but I'd noticed that her abdomen was smaller than usual, and so I checked for eggs. I picked what appeared to be a pile of dirt she was sitting on top. As I unfolded part of it, I can see yellow eggs. That's how I know it was an eggsac, not just part of the dirt. I'll post some picture later, but it would appear the eggsac wasn't made properly because I should be able to see the eggs. The eggs felt moist and firm. My guess is: it's still viable.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Even if it is viable its not going to be for long with the eggs exposed like that, they are going to dry out and be history, or get attacked by mites and mold. After pics are posted we can go from there......... There may be a chance they can't be saved but we will know more when you get some pics up.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Often, females laying their first sac will do a terrible job and leave openings. Every time this has happened to me, the eggs dry out. I've never even thought to attempt to incubate eggs outside of sac... is it even possible?

If there are only small openings, it's possible, but difficult, to seal them.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Guess that depends on how bad the roll up job was, I have lost all but one when it was rolled up badly, I just pinched the open ends together and did manual rotation on my own. But that had to be luck cause every other one I had with a bad roll up was dried or mite and mold infested in days.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just curious - is it ever possible to glue a tear in a sac?? i have often repaired parrot eggs with Elmer's glue and had successful hatches. Anyone ever tried?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would not recommed it unless it was a last resort, if it was minor you would be better off slipping it lightly into some pantyhose or something of that nature, something that would hold its form but not crush the eggs. Its just hard at that stage cause the sperm and other fluids have not been absorbed yet and even rotation is key.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
aragorn this is what you do:
if the case is damaged take out the sac,okay, there is two incubators you can get: A REPTILE INCUBATOR, hich means you'll haveto turn and rub the eggsac for 30 minutes and four times a day, or A CHICKEN INCUBATOR called a MECHANIC MOM this does the turning , if the sac is really damamged you might have to take out the eggs and place them on a wet paper towel( and i don't know how to turn just eggs),
second thing, that is 200-300 baby tarantlas so you'll haveto buy some containers for them.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya but they were just laid, odds are if its messy and open in more then one place there is no saving them. Getting containers is almost out of the question for now.