my rosie and a little mouse

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

Today I was buying some crickets in the pet shop and I saw a few of those tiny lovely mice. I decided to buy one, and let's see how my rosie reacts to it.

When I put the mouse in the same container as the spider, he started walking around, being very curious, even smelled the spiders butt, dunno what he was thinking... Now I have one super curious mouse, and a spider who is scared of hell of it. Maybe the mouse is a little too big, but it was the smallest they had.

So, how do I get my rosie to eat the mouse?? Or is it realy too big?? The picture may show off a little bit weird, but the mouse is smaller then the spider!

Ðennis

Last edited:

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Take that mouse out right now, if you dont want your spider get hurt!!! That is a way to big mouse for your rosie.
If she even tries to take it, the mouse will freeak, and bite your spider seariously!!
A live mouse half of that sice could kill it...... I would hate to hear that happen to your spider :8o

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I already took it out, just in case. I will try to buy some smaller mice the next time :).
Well, I guess we have a spider and a mouse now =D

Ðennis

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Well, your first big mistake was getting something that is the same size as your T... that mouse is way too large for that Rosie. At least in the picture, it looks like they are the same size body-wise! That alone is probably going to make your Rosie treat it like a predator and not prey... my advice is remove that mouse immediately before it actually harms your T, and get a MUCH smaller mouse...

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you do get another mouse make sure it's a pinky (newborn) or a (fuzzy) just starting to have hair comming in and eyes still not open. A good thing to remember if eyes aren't open yet No Teeth! I'm just glad your T didn't decide to try and take that mouse on you probably would have been T less.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
pinkies are the way to go right now, judging by the size of your clearly freaked-out tarantula cowering in the corner (that is if your heart is set on feeding your rosie verts). and if your rosie doesn't eat the pinky, don't assume that your tarantula is defective, just introduce another pinky some other time.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
*tries to stop laughing*

Sorry. I tend to find humor in surprise. You said "little mouse", so I was expecting a pinkie, fuzzy, and at the most a little hopper.
I guess I was really surprised once the picture popped up on my screen.

I sure am glad you got the mouse out before it ate your spider. Excluding legs, the "little mouse" is larger than your rosie.

Moving on, I agree with Krystal. I have a good sized A. geniculata that sometimes will start climbing the walls when I put a pinkie or fuzzy in there. Of course, there are times when I had better move my hands fast, to get out of the way of mad fang!

Good Luck
Bd

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Bloody hell ! That mouse is huge, and yes, as has been said, too big. I would give it to a adult T.Blondi prolly!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is a plus side...at leat your new pet mouse is cute! You could always get the mouse a mate and raise your own if you have the time and the tolerance for the smell.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
WHEW, the smell, I know all about! Its intolerable. I once had over 30 mice ! Mom, dad and two litters. NOT GOOD smell I tell you !:(

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
There is a plus side...at leat your new pet mouse is cute! You could always get the mouse a mate and raise your own if you have the time and the tolerance for the smell.
Yep, it sure is cute!! Just have to take care it doesn't run into your sleeves when not paying attention. And nah, im not going to buy another one to get pinkies, while i can buy em myself at the pet store :).

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
WHEW, the smell, I know all about! Its intolerable. I once had over 30 mice ! Mom, dad and two litters. NOT GOOD smell I tell you !:(
IMO, mice are way stinkier than rats. I used to keep rats. Rarely ever did their smell bother me.

Bd

T

Tarantula

I have fed mice that big to some of my tarantulas but one weas a T blondi and the other was an L parahybana. Not a rosie.

T

Tarantula

The spiders easily took them out. I think that my Usumbara could do it too.

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
My spiders dont have problems with eating pinky mice, but u should only feed ur spider things that are only, at the most half its size!!!!!!!!!! Thats wrong 2 put such a big mouse in s/he domain!!!!!! Thats like ur ex-girlfriend moving in with u with her new boyfriend!!