my Rosea has lost her mind.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's only ever tried to escape once before when I was about seven. and that was my friend't fault cuz he freaked her out. Since then though she's been a perfectly behaved T.

today though I opened her cage to drop in a cricket for her and ZIP :eek: she was off like a rocket. i caught her right away before anything happened luckily but still!!! It was very unusual for her.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I just got a rosea a few weeks ago and when I got her she was a sweetheart. then that night in her new enclosure I saw her hanging from the screen on top from 1 leg. Shes was verry skittish and yes every tiny little tap made her run reall quick. Its been about a week and shes is alot calmer now.
Shw might of had a fall or a scare the night before. Ide say just leave her alone for a while let her relax and get over it.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I let her chill for a day or so and then she was back to her normal chill self.
But it was like she was on speed that entire day. She was very agitated all day after that so I just stayed out of the room and let her relax.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had my rosea for just over 4 months now - she hardly ever moved at all, even when I re-homed her 3 times. She didnt eat and I have NEVER seen her anywhere near her water dish. Just sat on her favourite rock. Like a rock.

Then last night, for the first time, she grabbed a cricket !!
I dunno if she's over her little "fast" or what ... ? Weird. :?

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine is crazy, always roaming the cage, and then curling up when I open the top only to lunge at me if i go any where near the spider its self

4" unsexed.

Crazy little bugger.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Kira

Mine is crazy, always roaming the cage, and then curling up when I open the top only to lunge at me if i go any where near the spider its self

4" unsexed.

Crazy little bugger.
Mine's a mature female approaching elderly (she's gotta be she was beyond mature when my mom got her thirteen years ago) and the last week she's just been schizophrenic!

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Death in the family

She's only ever tried to escape once before when I was about seven. and that was my friend't fault cuz he freaked her out. Since then though she's been a perfectly behaved T.

today though I opened her cage to drop in a cricket for her and ZIP :eek: she was off like a rocket. i caught her right away before anything happened luckily but still!!! It was very unusual for her.
UPDATE;

My mom and I had a fight before I left for class about handling her (I said NOT to) because of her high energy lately but she completely ignored me and I came home to find Kira in the death curl in the corner of the cage. :(

Mom had been holding her and she tried to bolt and mom dropped her. :mad:

Mara

Arachnopeon
My rosie is a little funny... If I need to do something in her tank, and gently poke her so she moves, she spins around with a threat pose. If I don't budge, she will go into a corner and sulk, facing the wall.
She has only refused food once, and usually grabs it right away. Sometimes she even goes chasing after the thongs!

Mara

Arachnopeon
UPDATE;

My mom and I had a fight before I left for class about handling her (I said NOT to) because of her high energy lately but she completely ignored me and I came home to find Kira in the death curl in the corner of the cage. :(

Ow, I'm sorry to hear that :(

puck4u

Arachnopeon
And I thought mine was the only crazy girl. She attacks everything that goes in the cage. I water her with a turkey baster now :eek:

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
UPDATE;

:eek::eek::eek:
:(:(:(
:mad::mad::mad:

If that was me in the same situation it would be a while before I could talk to my mom again!