My Rose-hair is... blue?

Kasionn

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I'm new to the hobby, and have had my first tarantula, A Chilean Rose-Hair, for about two months now, and she recently went through a molt. The first thing that I noticed was that she is actually a powdery blue color now, and I'm wondering if that's normal, or cause for concern. Second, she actually looks smaller than she did before the molt. Last, she has been sitting strangely, spreading out forward and backward more than radially, and putting no weight on her legs, and she looks very weak.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. rosea aren't blue...maybe you could post a picture?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it's still a sling then it is probably just not hardened up yet. Even my L. parahybana looked bluish right after they molted.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If it's still a sling then it is probably just not hardened up yet. Even my L. parahybana looked bluish right after they molted.
I suppose that could be the case. I haven't had G. rosea slings so if that's the case I really have no other input.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Freshly molted Ts have some tranluscent sheen that look bluish under some light.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I notice that with my NCF rosea's....they have a nice blue sheen on there femurs, the camera really brings it out!.....check out my pick thread!...somewhere in the page 20's i believe.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing any blue in those pictures.

Oh well.

baconmushroom

Arachnopeon
yes, also i can see that its legs are in a strange position like its injured or something..could this be a result of a molt malfunction?:? or its just flexing
like every T does after a molt like almost a superman pose...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello,
I'm new to the hobby, and have had my first tarantula, A Chilean Rose-Hair, for about two months now, and she recently went through a molt.
How recent was the molt, and how soon after the molt were the pictures taken?

Kasionn

Arachnopeon
She molted about 2-3 days ago, and the pictures were taken 5 minutes before I posted them

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My old rosea has a bluish gun-metal colored sheen to her as well.It is pretty noticeable for the most part.(shrugs)

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yes, also i can see that its legs are in a strange position like its injured or something..could this be a result of a molt malfunction?:? or its just flexing
like every T does after a molt like almost a superman pose...
No that is normal, you should se a newly molted big A. geniculata, their legs sometimes looks like soft spaghetti:)

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since it just moulted, leave it alone for a few days. I had a G. rosea that looked just like that, bluish sheen after a moult.
After it hardens up in a few more days (week or so) try feeding it.
But for now let it recuperate in peace.
And fill that water dish with clean water asap.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
it looks like my recently molted P cancerides, not saying it is a P cancerides though.

Kasionn

Arachnopeon
Okay, from the sounds of things, everything is normal... Thanks a lot everyone for your input! that's a load off my chest. :)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have 11 G roseas at the moment, 2 are RCFs. One is like this one, very, very dark after molt, but still with the darker purple shades instead of pink. A breeder here locally said it's quite possible they are a different form (my big dark one, Mary Rose, was originally a pet store purchase, so could be WC and a different form). My other "normal" roseas all have longer hairs as well.

I do see what the OP is calling "blue" but I see it as the purple shades, instead of a "pink" spider.

Marga