My Roaches

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sure your assassin's would like them, adults of Platymeris and Pystalla can down adult Hissers. ;)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I'm sure your assassin's would like them, adults of Platymeris and Pystalla can down adult Hissers. ;)
They can also down adult Blaberus, which I have an excess of, I've already got more feeders than I have mouths to feed them to lol, don't need to add a bunch more! :anxious: Besides, they aren't fans of really skittish prey, Blaberids are slower moving and thus more attractive to them than fast moving, climbing Blattids like Periplaneta!

Look at my signature ;)
I love you in a non sexual way.

Monkey see, monkey do. ;)
OMFG you two! :rofl::rofl:

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heck I should send some Periplaneta fuliginosa and australasiae as surprise freebies next time. LOL JK

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heck I should send some Periplaneta fuliginosa and australasiae as surprise freebies next time. LOL JK
Oh god please do so, I'd even help foot the bill. Normal americana is a pretty feisty roach once settled, don't discount them.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Oh god please do so, I'd even help foot the bill. Normal americana is a pretty feisty roach once settled, don't discount them.
OMG no, my mom seriously doesn't want any in the house lol! :rofl: And I gotta stay in her good graces what with my 5" Scolopendra longipes escaping it's enclosure and running under the bed right in front of her last month, plus the Latiblattella rehni that escaped the other day, (it was found the next day on my sisters leg...)... Come to think of it I've had a lot of things get out of their enclosures while doing maintenance lately, so the last thing she needs to see is me taking care of Periplaneta and trying desperately to keep them contained while doing so! :happy:

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OMG no, my mom seriously doesn't want any in the house lol! :rofl: And I gotta stay in her good graces what with my 5" Scolopendra longipes escaping it's enclosure and running under the bed right in front of her last month, plus the Latiblattella rehni that escaped the other day, (it was found the next day on my sisters leg...)... Come to think of it I've had a lot of things get out of their enclosures while doing maintenance lately, so the last thing she needs to see is me taking care of Periplaneta and trying desperately to keep them contained while doing so! :happy:
I here by solve your containment problem.

https://www.target.com/p/cheddar-cheese-balls-22-oz-market-pantry/-/A-13234606

Enjoy. :D

Dude a few escapes is nothing, as a child I dropped a glass jar of 2500 crickets in the kitchen, in front of my mom lol, we were catching crickets for months.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I here by solve your containment problem.

https://www.target.com/p/cheddar-cheese-balls-22-oz-market-pantry/-/A-13234606

Enjoy. :D

Dude a few escapes is nothing, as a child I dropped a glass jar of 2500 crickets in the kitchen, in front of my mom lol, we were catching crickets for months.
Thanks for the suggestion lol, but it's not their enclosures that are leading to their escape, most of my roaches have pretty escape proof caging. :) It's when I open the cage, and attempt to photograph the more skittish species that all hell breaks loose... And I like photographing my inverts. :p

Wow, yeah that kinda puts my measly escapees to shame lol, that sounds catastrophic! How'd she let you keep your collection!? :eek: Then again, crickets are less fear inducing to "normal" people than most roaches...

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She just laughed. LOL I have a cool mom that's for sure. ;)

As for that cage I regularly leave it open, they can't make it even with that temptation. XD

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
She just laughed. LOL I have a cool mom that's for sure. ;)

As for that cage I regularly leave it open, they can't make it even with that temptation. XD
Mine generally doesn't care TOO much about the roaches, but that centipede fiasco really shook her up, she's really afraid of centipedes! :confused:

Huh, weird, wonder why they have such difficulty climbing the sides of that container? Perhaps there is still some oily residue from the cheese puffs? Such oils can be hard to wash off completely, usually requires a LOT of dish soap.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine generally doesn't care TOO much about the roaches, but that centipede fiasco really shook her up, she's really afraid of centipedes! :confused:

Huh, weird, wonder why they have such difficulty climbing the sides of that container? Perhaps there is still some oily residue from the cheese puffs? Such oils can be hard to wash off completely, usually requires a LOT of dish soap.
I'm wondering why as well, especially since cleaning it causes them even more difficulties.

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gyna lurida "Yellow":
Blimey! How much plutonium did you feed them?

And I gotta stay in her good graces what with my 5" Scolopendra longipes escaping it's enclosure and running under the bed right in front of her last month
And I used to get in trouble with crickets...

:D I think it's officially turned into a meme.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That cheese balls container also works great at containing centipedes struck with wander lust. ;)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
That cheese balls container also works great at containing centipedes struck with wander lust. ;)
Yeah, nice tall jars like that work great for centipedes, or so I've heard. :) Mine didn't get struck with wander lust though, so much as it was startled by me digging it out of it's burrow to take pictures, and every time it was exposed it tried burrowing, so I'd pull it up again, and eventually it just went "screw you" and decided to go UP instead of down... More my fault that it got out than anything else, but I really wanted to get some good pictures of it! :rolleyes: Oh well, lesson learned lol!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
By the sounds of it, you actually seem to have a very tolerant pede. Working with wild ones in AZ they would try to give you a parting shot if you pestered them too much.

And now I hereby decree that @Hisserdude show off his entire non roach collection.