My Redknee Shed today

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My B. smithi shed today... less than two weeks after her abdomen darkened. What do I win?

She is drop dead gorgeous .

=D

Last edited:

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Muchos kudos to you!

Congratulations, Professor! Redknees are absolutely beautiful after a molt. I have 2 slings, but they don't have the trademark coloring yet. But, it's exciting to see them grow. Both my guys have molted twice in the 2 months I've had them. I keep them in 80 degree heat and about 70-75% humidity in 16oz. deli cups.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Red Knees are really a cool T. I'm waiting for mine to molt too, abdomen is slowly darkening up. Congrats on your successful molt.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congrats! i'm still waiting for my rio grande that is in pre-molt to just go ahead and molt already...her abdomen has been a really dark brown/blackish color for more than a month now and she just refuses all food...i'm sure it'll all be worth the frustration though when she comes out all pretty-like.

Risto

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the smithi molt!!! :D They are indeed beautiful after a molt. I have an adult female & a juvie female & they look wonderful after the molt.

Hey Static_69, my moderatum had not eaten for 3 months before it molted on 4-14.........what a change! :eek: I had expected a beautiful spider, a little bit bigger & instead got a
black spider who was a LOT bigger. :eek: Has l o n g skinny legs now & is a male.....not the female that I thought I had. :( But he is a beauty.....very nice black.:)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moderatum take thier time to do everything, the nice thing is that they have a long life span.