My Pyxie Frog Eating

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek:

Thats allot of food!
Yea, he was hungry as hell. I put him on a break of about two weeks after his last decent meal and let the heat and warm/clean water do it's aid in helping him digest, etc. Once he pooped a few loafs he was ready to eat anything, that's why I made this entertaining vid. Hope you guys like it.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow awesome man. How big is that thing! I would really love to get a hold of one of those someday.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow awesome man. How big is that thing! I would really love to get a hold of one of those someday.
He's about 6 inches snout to vent on an empty stomach now. His size and his early vocalizations are indicative of him being an adolescent male, which is good since males are the bigger ones in this species. He should grow to about 9 or ten inches and weigh up to or over 3 lbs.
Theyre great fun, and easy to take care of. Much cooler than the ubiquitous ceratophrys frogs, which are just plain boring most the time, not to mention much smaller and less voracious (I own both). So if you want a fat and semi-active frog, this is for you. They can live in a 20 gallon long, though I'd consider that the minimum for an adult. Theyre fairly cheap to buy as froglets, but the one complaint I have is the hole in my pocket their appetite makes

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He's about 6 inches snout to vent on an empty stomach now. His size and his early vocalizations are indicative of him being an adolescent male, which is good since males are the bigger ones in this species. He should grow to about 9 or ten inches and weigh up to or over 3 lbs.
Theyre great fun, and easy to take care of. Much cooler than the ubiquitous ceratophrys frogs, which are just plain boring most the time, not to mention much smaller and less voracious (I own both). So if you want a fat and semi-active frog, this is for you. They can live in a 20 gallon long, though I'd consider that the minimum for an adult. Theyre fairly cheap to buy as froglets, but the one complaint I have is the hole in my pocket their appetite makes
Ah very nice size. I love big frogs. I currently have C.cranwelli juvie. Not very active, but a cute fellow none the less. I will probably get a pixie frog at the next show. I'd want a female though, cause the croaking would seem annoying to me. How often do you feed yours? Also, when they are older, what is their staple food source?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah very nice size. I love big frogs. I currently have C.cranwelli juvie. Not very active, but a cute fellow none the less. I will probably get a pixie frog at the next show. I'd want a female though, cause the croaking would seem annoying to me. How often do you feed yours? Also, when they are older, what is their staple food source?
I want to feed my pacman to goomba at times...but I couldn't ;)

As for their staple, they eat anything that moves. I'd recommend crickets and lobster roaches with the occasional fuzzy mouse or two while theyre under 4 or 5 inches. Once they get to the size mines at I'd say stick to mice and big roaches. Don't worry about the people whining about corneal lipid buildup, from my research and experience theres not much of a risk with this species. So yea, dust any bugs you get them and vary the diet between big roaches and a mouse or 2. Crickets can be fed their whole life, but when the frog gets big they get frustrated aiming for such little bugs and getting a mouth full of dirt.

By the way, they do not croak alot, its extremely circumstantial. Like when you mist them or its considerably warm and wet. Try to get a male, females grow slower, are less voracious, etc. Though it's basically impossible to positively sex froglets. I feed mine twice a week.

Last edited: