My Pokie Gave me a Scare This Morning

Royalty

Arachnoknight
My p. lowland was huddled up near the one plant with legs that looked curled under it. (it was hard to see with the plant in the way). I carefully moved the plant a bit to see if there was a response. Immediately shifted around to the back of a nearby wood piece. I check on it a few mins later and it is grooming. I think it was just stopped mid groom before xD (They sometime freeze if they sense you are near them)

First time one of my bigger slings tricked me.

I want to get pics of this one since now since the freshly molted colors are striking.

eaglefeather

Arachnopeon
Sometimes they will do that to be in a wet location, hide from light, or like people just a mood. Be careful Pokies can be lighting fast. Have fun, be safe and enjoy :)

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Sometimes they will do that to be in a wet location, hide from light, or like people just a mood. Be careful Pokies can be lighting fast. Have fun, be safe and enjoy :)
My pokies were actually extremely easy when I unpacked them. I did get a view of the lightning bolt when I rehoused my lowland. It DOUBLED in size after a molt. I did the rehouse in my bathtub so it was not too bad, but it did take a bit of patience to get it where I wanted it to go.

Another time my Regalis freaked out when I sprayed some water in the enclosure (I did not think I hit it but I must have a bit or at least spooked it) It did the whole "laps around the enclosure".

My p.metallica I rarely see eat and it is super picky. I have to always give it the smallest prey. Same size I would give my LP that is like 1/8 inch lol.

Despite this. I really like them. Mine have been great at sitting visible a lot of the time. They are some of my faves.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Once in a while, I find my Avic m6 in the middle of grooming -- looking eerily curled.
DF9F6C2F-9D71-4D39-8849-3EB10432C648.jpeg

Transrights

Arachnosquire
Never trust them. Any of them.
I have a P. Subfusca that is extremely chill. As in, I don't think I could get her to bite me even if I did my best to get her to do it.

I'm still convinced she's only putting on the act so that one day she can teleport out of her enclosure and tag me.