User My Picture Thread

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of the n. chromatus that arrived Wednesday molted last night. Should be pushing the 2” mark now.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pretty sure this meets the definition of being burrowed-in. I suspect a molt coming. P. cambridgei female from Nature’s Exquisite Creatures. We met up in person while the owner was in town for the HERP Show last weekend.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My p. subfusca is in heavy premolt (I suspect today or tomorrow if she hasn’t already molted in the den she built.

I got this enclosure set up for her whenever she emerged from the molt. Should be comfortable in there for a while.

Future p. subfusca.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My p. Cambridgei is also buried-in so I’m expecting a molt from her in the coming weeks. Put this enclosure together while I was at it.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here’s the p. regalis enclosure as well as a pic of her enjoying a horn worm.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The wolf spider I caught in my kitchen about 6 weeks ago buried itself a few weeks after I moved it into an enclosure. I assumed it was getting ready for a molt, but nstead it emerged with an egg sack a couple weeks later which it’s been carrying around since. I put the enclosure outside for a couple days without the lid, hoping it would take off back to nature but she just stayed in there so I ended up bringing her back inside. Tonight the slings started hatching. Pretty cool.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus cambridgei molted a little over a week ago and I rehoused her into a long term enclosure this past weekend.

Last edited:

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My p. subfusca with the sucking stomach issue finally molted. Not a whole lot of size gain and her abdomen is scary small but I’m hoping she’ll be able to eat to now and make up for it on the next molt.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Recently molted GBB. Adult coloration is starting to come through on the carapace.

Allabapx

Arachnopeon
Not sure why I didn’t have any better pics of my b. Hamorii, she’s literally always out. Added this one this morning, such a pretty spider.

I have one but it's a baby still and just now getting color after it's second molt!! still don't know the gender, but i cant wait for it to look like this!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have one but it's a baby still and just now getting color after it's second molt!! still don't know the gender, but i cant wait for it to look like this!!!!
Just be patient, like most brachypelma species they are slow growers. Mine only molts once a year now and she has one coming up judging from her abdomen. What other species do you own?

Another shot of the p. subfusca out
hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found this a. geniculata at a local pet store yesterday. There was a recent molt in there so I asked to take it. Turns out it’s a little girl, so went back and picked her up today.

JBarbaresi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some decent pics of my female a. breyeri. She’s about 2.5” now and the orange is really starting to come out after the most recent molt a couple weeks ago. This has to be my favorite terrestrial/fossorial species. Super stoked she turned out to be a she.

Last edited: