My P. fasciata molted last night ...

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
... he must now be close to 6" or 7". How can I tell if he is mature and ready for a lady friend? Do they have the bulbs on their pedipalps? He has been sexed by John Hoke and is surely a male. Thanks in advance.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got one and there aren't any hooks to look for, but you'll see a big difference in his color when he is mature. He won't be nearly as bright and beautiful as he was when he was younger. He'll still keep the yellow warning colorss on the 1st pair of legs but the rest of him turn various shades of brown to disguise him while he hunts for lady friends

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, Once he hardens up I'll move him to a new enclosure and will be able to get a measurement and a better look at him. He has seemed to have lost his brightness the last molt and now more so with this one. Thanks again!

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, Once he hardens up I'll move him to a new enclosure and will be able to get a measurement and a better look at him. He has seemed to have lost his brightness the last molt and now more so with this one. Thanks again!