my newest conquests...and what is this?

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so i went to the fire expo in orlando today and here's what i picked up:

H.lividum, H.maculata, L. parahybana, P. fasciata, P. irminia, and a O. spp scorpion. I also purchased something called a black baboon and wondered what this spider could be? i've never heard of such a reference to any T's call name. it is black and has little yellowish speckles on its abdomen. looks like a tick with long legs because it is so fat. any ideas?

Kristin=D

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Enjoy your new kids and a picture would really help get ideas on the black baboon.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL

That made me laugh :) good one.
but any ways I don't know what a black baboon(T) is so um yeah.
It could be anything. can you show a pic?
Well any ways funny stuff

geo

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, Jon!! That was exactly what they had at the reptile expo in Columbus!!LOL!!! Jon, does that species stridulate?

Andy:D

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm, I wonder if it could be another one of those non-theraphosid mygales (poss. barychelidae). The description of the abdomen reminds me of them for some reason.
Please post a pic soon if possible? :)

Atrax

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jon, remember the thread about fearing your T's, if that was to stridulate at me I might fear it!! LOL!!!

Andy

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello, thanx for the suggestions. being an anthropology major, i loved the pix! i will send a picture with a new thread as soon as i can get to a scanner. unless vayu-son wants to vollunteer to help? will start a new thread then i guess. they other species comment is interesting and i will check it out. the booth was also selling trapdoors.=D

Kristin