My new tarantulas!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got myself seven new tarantulas today at a reptile show. I went to pick up four and I came back with all these. I have to post pics now. :D

First up is my new lovely P. Cancerides, which I've already named Phyllis:

Next is my new orange bitey thing, that I haven't named and may not.

The third one is my new curly hair:

I also got myself a featherleg baboon:

And last, but not least is a female A. Avic that I picked up as well. She's amazing!

The other two that I got are a P. Fasciata sling and a G. Aureostriatum sling. I haven't got pics of them yet... I hope you like my pics!

Last edited:

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) nice , maybe for the orange bitey thing Rha (sp?) after the egyptain sungod or just stick with orange bitey thing:)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What's the scientific name of that featherleg baboon?

Dennis

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow very nice pategirl. I love Brachypelma albopilosum I have 10, and would still wouldn't mind picking up another one.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a time getting that curly from the guy that sold it to me. He kept trying to tell me that it was not a curly hair, that it was a "wooly" tarantula from Haiti:rolleyes: Anyone with eyes could tell it was a curly....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Pate,
Nice additions! The featherleg is really unusual looking....As for the curly, I have 6, and would have an army of them. Totally awesome t's Good eaters, and realy tame. Same goes for the G. aureostriata. I have a juvie and 2 teensys.
Peace,
Gillian

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I also got myself a featherleg baboon
i may be wrong, but that looks more like Eucratoscelus sp. "stoutleg baboon" than S. calceatum to me.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's what it was sold to me as....of course, that was coming from the guy who told me that curly wasn't a curly...:rolleyes:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
that doe look like the stoutleg baboon as a matte of fact with the big bushy hindlegs, Stromatopelma calceatum have the looks of the H.maculatas but are white with blac dots over them.

James

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice Ts, pategurl. I can't wait to get mine, I tells ya. :)

Is it just me, or does the featherleg (or stoutleg) and the pink toe seem to have real skinny abdomens?

Bry

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lovely additions.
I have a bunch on my list of Gotta's.
As for the orange bitey thing.
Name is phyco. You'll notice it fits it's name in no time. :D

BullF-16

Arachnopeon
Doesn't it feel nice to bring home a buch on new T's. Just brought home 6 myself. Drove up to e-spiderworld, got a great tour also!! Congrats. I cant wait for next payday

Last edited:

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The curly, featherleg, and avic were all very skinny. Since I gave them water and they drank for hours on end, they've become plump. The curly is still drinking, and has been for three hours straight.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gorgoeus Orange Bitey Thing. :)
They look so much better plump, you see so many of them looking underfed and scrawny.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
I had a time getting that curly from the guy that sold it to me. He kept trying to tell me that it was not a curly hair, that it was a "wooly" tarantula from Haiti:rolleyes: Anyone with eyes could tell it was a curly....
The curly I just got was labled as a wooly tarantula.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
Gorgoeus Orange Bitey Thing. :)
They look so much better plump, you see so many of them looking underfed and scrawny.

Mine are pretty scrawny, but it's not because I don't feed them, it's because I can't feed them.

I drop crickets in, they get lost in the tangle of web, and end up dying before the tarantula ever finds them -- It drives me nuts and is exactly why I hate the webbing fanatics. It wouldn't be so bad if they came out, but I NEVER see them.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My usumbara was in very good hands before I got her....she was very very well taken care of. That won't change now that she's here. :D