My new spiders home

Duzzy

Arachnopeon
Hi there,

bought our first spider yesterday i Coastal Golden Orb Weaver Nephila plumipes anyway here is a quick snap of her home

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I tried keeping N.clavipes in a large glass enclosure but did not have much success so I started keeping them in full screen enclosures. I did not have a problem after that and they easier to mist.
Just a suggestion if you run into trouble.
crpy:)

Duzzy

Arachnopeon
Thanks crpy,

i have been able to mist him, although feeding has been an issue i was told to feed him crickets but so far all she has made is a loose web and a very tight cluster in one corner. The crickets get with in 10mm but do not enter the web
any sugestions? Here are a couple of pics of mine

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does the spider have at least a foot and a half of width to build an orb in?

Duzzy

Arachnopeon
Hi Pulk,

almost but I think I must have the branches set up wrong because all she seems to want to do is make a mess of web eveywhere.

Regards Darren

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm... if possible, just let it go in a corner of a room without a cage; once they make a web they don't move much.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks crpy,

i have been able to mist him, although feeding has been an issue i was told to feed him crickets but so far all she has made is a loose web and a very tight cluster in one corner. The crickets get with in 10mm but do not enter the web
any sugestions? Here are a couple of pics of mine

nice pics Duzzy,