Frog Jackson
Cola Smith
Summer Schnapps
Punches Walker
Hog Simpson
Mississippi Jones
Smack Brandy
Chavo Light

Theres a few for ya lol if ya really wanna use um im a bit brain dead tonight :wall: ill try n get some more up here for ya tomorows
Falyn ;P

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here's a little update on my B. Jacksoni..

Well after eating everything offered to it, it has stopped eating. Pig's still pretty fat, but not as active as it was before. I offer food ever 2 or 3 days and it checks it out, but i eventually have to remove the food items (usually the next morning).

I'm thinking there is a molt coming up, so We have been basically leaving it alone, only checking on it one or twice a day. I'm keeping the humidity a bit higher than before just incase....

I'll do another update in a couple of days...

-Tet-

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i don't use any last names but i think i will name one "Cola", that's a good one ;)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
update pt. 2

Well pig still isn't eating, but it's activity has definately increased. Little bugger is moving around like a mad man. Decided to offer a cricket today, but Pig doesn't seem interested. Originally i thought maybe there was going to be a molt on Pig's part, but now i'm not sure... Maybe it's just seeing how concerned it can make me, before it either starts eating again or does something else....

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha
he's making fun of you...

completely different scorp, but my S. mesaensis was the same way... ended up burrowing himself in and molted a week later...

all in all sounds like normal behavior to me :D

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update pt 3

okay little piglet is starting to get really active, but is still not eating. I offer food every day or other day and even though it stalks the darn cricket, it isn't eating. Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing cus it's still fat and healthy looking, but i can't help it....

after checking temp and humidity everything seems to be well with in normal ranges, could i be missing anything?

Jampel

Arachnopeon
I got a lil 3rd instar B. jacksoni and it's most time burrowed and highly active only during night. Sometimes when i don't have ability to get lil crickets for this lil guy he doesn't eat for 4-8 days and he's fully healthy and all ok, so don't worry. Scorps are "hard" guy's.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wouldn't be worried if it wasn't for the fact that it's been 3 weeks since it last ate....

Jampel

Arachnopeon
well 3 week's could be much or not. Dunno for this species so i don't wanna say for sure. But for example my friends YOUNG snake Trimeresorus steinigeri ate 2 times last 6 months and the are spideys that don't eat for a loooooong time up to year. Scorps are close cousins of spideys so maybe they don't eat similary sometimes ??

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dunno.. you'd figure something this small (around a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch) would need to eat abit more often.. atleast once a week....
I know it's just me being paranoid cus Pig is very active and healthy looking....

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What exactly are the signs of a molt?

I knqw this seems pretty stupid to ask, but all of my previous scorps have been adults.
My Jacksoni is the first runtling I have had. It's currently sitting and doing what seem to be stretches.... or flailing of it claws. Normally when i look in on it, it will move away from me, but it's staying put. no threat display or anything.

Have i just looked in prior to the molt taking place, or do i have something to worry about?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
looks like premoult behaviour
UP the temp
UP the humidity
DONT annoy your scorpion
LEAVE it alone for a few days
:p :p

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when I say look in... it's just that. I look in thru the tank walls. the humidity is around 80plus % and the temp is like the high 20's to low 30's celcius....(around 80 to 89 degrees F)

those are okay conditions?

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i guess the conditions are okay.. just happened to look up at the tank and Pig is well into it's molt.

I should be able to feed her by tomorrow, or is that too soon?

I know i must sound like a total git, but like i said this is my first time having a scorp that is molting and I'm just damned excited about it....

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hehe :p
you will have to wait about 4+ days until you feed it
it wont eat until at least that amount of time

takes that long for it to harden :)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for the info..... I'll try feeding it around tuesday.

<soo damned excited.....>

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! i just survived my first scorpion molt. Pig seems happy, if not a bit ticked/tired.......

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was going insane..... i at first thought she was pre molt and then wasn't sure... finally i was just damn scared something was wrong cus she wasn't eating....
but know i know what to look for on a pre molt... so next time will be a bit easier on me...

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok is it really gunna take 4 days before we can feed her? cause shes gotten really active since she finaly molted and its been like 3 weeks since she last ate n i know id be gettin pretty dang hungry by then ... shes been runnin all around n tryin to climb the sides of the tank n all so do we actually hafta wait 4 days or no?