My new scorp

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
YES, she wil not eat until she hardens
there is a chance that the cricket will eat the scorpion if it isnt hard enough yet

its like trying to kill someone with a rubber sword, get the idea? :p

feel free to try to feed her, then youll understand what i mean, she wont accept it until a few days pass
But remember to remove the cricket when you leave

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okies we wernt gunna give her a live one any way was gunna pop the head off one for her guess ill wait though thanx
Falyn

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just me worrying again..

okay been like 4 or 5 days since piglet moulted.... she's slightly active in the early morning, late afternoon and then at night. The thing is.... she isn't eating.. you'd think after 4 weeks of not eating and a moult she'd be ravenous....

is it normal that she follows a cricket around and then ignores it after a couple minutes?
I know I'm such a worry wart... but i can't help it.....

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
craptastic......
{D {D {D {D {D

Bayushi said:
Got a B. Jacksoni today, Thanks to Arachnomaniak, and have been watching the little bugger for most of the day. Even had to taunt the Petstore in town on my way back from the Mcdonald's where I met four of my fellow board members up here in BC.

The bugger impressed me by taking down a cricket, it's own size, that made a leap for freedom while i was trying to get a smaller pinhead to feed him/her. So since around 14h00m it's been happily munching and dragging the dead circket around it's tank seeming quite content with itself.

As soon as I figure a way to get a decent pic of it with my craptastic Digicam, I'll post some for everyone to see the new baby in the house.

Oh yeah one more thing... Thanks again, Dave, it was nice meeting you and the rest.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
okay.. I'll remove the cricket and try again in a couple days....

i know i must be a real pain in the bum by asking questions all the damn time.....

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nope :)
just make sure your little "pig" :p gets his lunch when hes hardened up!
hell use his sting OoO :p

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
i waited a week to feed my jacksoni's when they molted...seemed to be fine. Also, iirc...mine stopped eating for a lil while but right before they molted they both ate a cricket i offered to them.

As for a water dish...I use the snap-on lids that come on the 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon milk/water jugs. Not too deep, hold plenty of water, and are wide enough around that 2-3 scorps can drink at one time :)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not worrying anymore

I misted Pig's tank down like 20 minutes ago and have just looked in on her. She's sitting happily on her chuck of verticle bark happily munching down the cricket i offered her earlier this morning.

Looking back i remember she seems to take food more readily after her tank has been misted... maybe cus the crickets are more intersted in getting the water drops off the sidewall, than trying to move away from Pig as she stalks them.
in anycase i am no longer worried seeing as she is eating.... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
another update

Well pig is still doing well and living up to her name...

recently she started digging burrows....is this normal? she has a couple verticle hides she used to use... then suddenly she became a tunnel machine....

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
instead of starting a new thread..

anyways just thought i'd update on my jacksoni, piglet. She's going thru her second moult since i have had her... damn she's getting big... It always amazes me the size difference from before and after the moult.

Before she was about 1 1/4 inches and now she looks to be around 1 3/4 inches...

anyways that's my update. hopefully soon i'll have some decent pics of her.