My new Pokey!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Well, my first Pokey! Just got this beauty locally. About 3 1/2" across. Moved into new habitat very quite and seems docile. No threat pose, but haven't attempted to handle other than a gentle pet with a paintbrush. I was reading the "sexing" thread where people want good ventral shots... How about THIS? Female?

Marga

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
very nice looking. yes that does indeed look to be a male regalis tho. its cool, there is plenty of time left, its still small and they get up around 5" before maturing.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its ok i was convinced that both of my regalis were male but both molted out to be girls!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Grats on the find.. I say male as well..
Male it is, then. I think I may have been looking at the little arch between the booklungs, when I should have been looking higher up (well, down in the photo) on the spider. So HIS name is still Sitar. I'm expecting a few more T's next week, but then have to stop collecting for a bit, as I'm out of space and habitats in the area I have set up.

This was from a teen on CL that had several to thin his collection... Was able to pick up Sitar in person instead of shipping... which to Texas can be a hit or miss with our LOVELY weather...

Thanks for all the comments!

Marga

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Male it is, then. I think I may have been looking at the little arch between the booklungs, when I should have been looking higher up (well, down in the photo) on the spider. So HIS name is still Sitar. I'm expecting a few more T's next week, but then have to stop collecting for a bit, as I'm out of space and habitats in the area I have set up.

This was from a teen on CL that had several to thin his collection... Was able to pick up Sitar in person instead of shipping... which to Texas can be a hit or miss with our LOVELY weather...

Thanks for all the comments!

Marga
I am actually going tomorrow to pick up a 5.5" T.blondi (Probably burgundy..) for $50.. :D The guy is selling a 30 gallon tank and all the fixxings.. I couldnt pass that deal up.. :D

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The statement that they mature at 5" is false, I have had two males one matured at a whopping 8" while the other matured at 4". So as you can see there is no set size on a mature regalis, but about 5" is normal.

Art

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I am actually going tomorrow to pick up a 5.5" T.blondi (Probably burgundy..) for $50.. :D The guy is selling a 30 gallon tank and all the fixxings.. I couldnt pass that deal up.. :D
Gee! No kidding!!! Good luck on that one - can't wait to see pictures!

Marga

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gee! No kidding!!! Good luck on that one - can't wait to see pictures!

Marga
Pictures are deff. a must.. I will get some as soon as I get home with it.. :)
Will be later though.. I cant get it until 5... :( Plus I have an hour + drive to get home.. :rolleyes: But for the price.. Its worth it IMO.. :D

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Pictures are deff. a must.. I will get some as soon as I get home with it.. :)
Will be later though.. I cant get it until 5... :( Plus I have an hour + drive to get home.. :rolleyes: But for the price.. Its worth it IMO.. :D
Hey - the one on CL in Mabank??? Did you get it? The listing is still up... I seriously thought about calling on that one...

Marga