My New "Pinktoe"

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A lot of times, pets stores order a batch of slings from a supplier, from a list, sight unseen. When the spiders arrive, the names are listed on the invoice, but often not on the containers themselves. The store employees are left to figure out which is which...Since A. avicularia slings have pink/red legs with BLACK toes, someone may have decided that THAT was the "red knee" and subsequently sold someone a very overpriced pink toe!

Wade

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: re

Originally posted by mrderanged
Now that was a deal that I wish I had seen. Would've bought that pede in a second.

This is actually the second time that I lucked out with smithi. About a year ago, I was in a petco and they had some sub adult smithi's about 3+ inches. Price tag said they were $99 right on the tank that they were in with a picture of the spider on the price tag. There were three of them in the tank in seperate petpals within the same tank. I went up to the manager of that section and asked if that was the price. He looked at the price tag and said to himself "$99. for a spider. Let me go check for you." Came back to me and said that they were $23.99. I told him that I'd take all three. He gave them to me with the pet pals thrown in because he didn't want to take them out of them. When I looked on the receipt, they got rung up as curly hairs. :) I sold the male and kept the other 2 FEMALES and still have them to this day. :D

Scott
I bought four 3" or so smithis from our local petcos also.....they were marked down to 39.99 from 99.99, they did not give me the kritter keepers though, the young male employee just reached in and scooted them into a cardboard box and got hairs kicked all over him for his troubles. I don't remember how many were males and how many were females now.
Ed

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Re: re

Originally posted by mrderanged
About a year ago, I was in a petco and they had some sub adult smithi's about 3+ inches. Price tag said they were $99 right on the tank that they were in with a picture of the spider on the price tag. There were three of them in the tank in seperate petpals within the same tank. I went up to the manager of that section and asked if that was the price. He looked at the price tag and said to himself "$99. for a spider. Let me go check for you." Came back to me and said that they were $23.99. I told him that I'd take all three.
Heh, you'd think that might have been a tip off to the guy that there was something a little amiss with his pricing :)

I mean how many Ts does Petco sell, and how many times do they sell them in bulk?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just an update, my "pinktoe" molted and is definitely looking more smithi like. The mask area has expanded from the typical emilia triangle to a dark blotch covering most of the ceph. I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a full blown smithi :)

Scott