My new LP is completely naked!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LoL!! S/he is naked! I was scared s/he wasnt going to make it.. Was in transit for 6 days.. Temps. dropped below freezing last night.. (28F to be exact) I believe I will name this one Transit.. :D

I opened the package and looked inside to find an LP curled up on its back.. I thought dang its molting.. But there is absolutely no twitching.. It was also curled in a semi death curl.. I was thinking for sure s/he was dead.. I placed the deli cup in an ICU got the temps. and humidity up.. Not even 30 minutes later I got an LP climbing out of the deli cup.. :D Didnt molt either.. OK OK!! Here are the pictures.. Just a couple for now..

L. parahybana "Transit"

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yay. Glad s/he pulled through so quickly. I need to get one of these. Pretty spiders.

How big is it?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay. Glad s/he pulled through so quickly. I need to get one of these. Pretty spiders.

How big is it?
Thanks cobalt...

I got him/her as 4''.. I want to let him/her settle in a bit and measure for myself.. Looks to be a bit bigger than 4''.. :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man Tommy I cant stress how happy I was to get your PM this morning about it arriving,only to read that it was in a curl :( with lesser packaging that thing woulda been DOA,no doubts about it...........It is even MORE bald than it was when i shipped it! Musta been really stressed.And half frozen!Glad it's doin well,I know it is in good hands with you at least......as far as size,I would bet a tick over 4 inches. I couldn't get a good measurement when I posted it FS.Enjoy!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man Tommy I cant stress how happy I was to get your PM this morning about it arriving,only to read that it was in a curl :( with lesser packaging that thing woulda been DOA,no doubts about it...........It is even MORE bald than it was when i shipped it! Musta been really stressed.And half frozen!Glad it's doin well,I know it is in good hands with you at least......as far as size,I would bet a tick over 4 inches. I couldn't get a good measurement when I posted it FS.Enjoy!
There is not doubt in my mind if you didnt pack her as good as you did she wouldnt have made it.. Though I cant keep calling him a her.. Looks male to me.. But I will see for sure when I get a molt.. :D Thanks again! :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is not doubt in my mind if you didnt pack her as good as you did she wouldnt have made it.. Though I cant keep calling him a her.. Looks male to me.. But I will see for sure when I get a molt.. :D Thanks again! :D
Yea,I tried to vent it and just had zero clue.And NP,now that I have your shipping info I know where to send the C.fasciatum slings.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea,I tried to vent it and just had zero clue.And NP,now that I have your shipping info I know where to send the C.fasciatum slings.
Oh shoot! I forgot about them C. fasciatum slings!! :D are you still waiting to pull the sac or what stage are they at?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1st instar now,should be 2nd within a week,then a few days after that I will be shipping to a couple people from the site.got 80 of em sitting here in an incubator still,hahaha.Wiggly lil suckers!

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So Ther it is...Nice one Tommy... lookin like she's getting a lttle too tight for that sweater she's wearing... im glad it pulled thru... gl and defenitely you'll be enjoying her appetite after she molt's, Congrats to the new T's..

Peace
Armando

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So Ther it is...Nice one Tommy... lookin like she's getting a lttle too tight for that sweater she's wearing... im glad it pulled thru... gl and defenitely you'll be enjoying her appetite after she molt's, Congrats to the new T's..

Peace
Armando
Thanks Armando! Hopefully she will change that sweater soon.. :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Armando! Hopefully she will change that sweater soon.. :D
When it molted for me,it dug under some corkbark and sealed itself in for a couple of weeks. It should get BIG this next molt.I would say it gained a solid inch at least last time.

MarSea222

Arachnopeon
That is one big shiney full moon you got going on there with that one!!{D Congrats on another new addtion. You seem to be rolling in new addtions lately. I'm very jealous!!!!! But congrats again.:D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are dirt cheap,even for a decent sized one.Find someone selling one and buy it!They are not my cup o tea,but they are cool none the less.That one is better with Tommy than with me.I just lost interest in it :(

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is one cute photo. If your T could feel, she'd probably be embarassed by now being naked and all... lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks MarSea! She does have a shiney full moon.. :D {D That "rolling" in new additions is about to come to a stand still.. :( 2 more packages this week and thats it...

That is one big shiney full moon you got going on there with that one!!{D Congrats on another new addition. You seem to be rolling in new additions lately. I'm very jealous!!!!! But congrats again.:D

Thanks.. You should get one soon.. They are awesome!

Nice save. Looks like a fuzzy poodle. I want get an LP some day.

Thanks Bosing.. She did kinda blush after I took the pictures.. :D {D

That is one cute photo. If your T could feel, she'd probably be embarassed by now being naked and all... lol

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awww, poor baby. Hope she doesn't have any mature males that could "accidentally" look in on her. {D

One good thing I can point out though; you'll clearly be able to see how dark she gets under the chitin and get a close estimate to the time of molt.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope no mature males looking in on her yet.. I dont know if this is ne I will be breeding.. LoL! Way to many eggs..

This is almost what my almost 4'' B. smithi looks like.. She is getting nice and dark! :D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great looking T, he has some growing to do, and he will do it fast!!