and she has a bold spot on her abdomen
is this normal
she is an old world after all
i will try to post pics

she eats fine so i dont think its a molt

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes, please do post pictures. You know what would really impress a lot of us? Post some pictures of you holding your H. lividum.:D

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ill post some pics

and as for the handling
i am stupid not suicidel:? :? :? :?

i mean she is the devil ;P

Last edited:

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice!

Where'd you buy it from? I'd guess the patch is probably from an injury that's been repaired with adhesive, my male avicularia had one when he returned from the breeding loan

I don't think they lose hair in pre-moult anyway though I've never experienced one moulting

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as I know, the old world species do not lose their hair before a molt, none of mine ever has. It may be a patch from a wound.

Andy

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here are some general photos of here

and to answer your q i bought here in a pet shop in germany
durring my vication

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
In the first photo, I can't see it at all, but the third I can see the general discoloration of it. I'm assuming this girl was wild caught? Might have just gotten a bit scraped during a fight, or while collecting, shipping.. etc, etc.. I'd make sure it's not leaking anywhere, and as long as she's eating, and burrowing, not worry too much about it. If possible, maybe check up on it when it's out and see if it's staying the same size.

Bill

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the funny thing is she doesnt borrow she just cramps betwin the glass and the bark

do you have some more information for me

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So... where is the pic with you having a death struggle with that tarantula? Not burrowing? Must be a mutant.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have a deep enough substrate for it to burrow? I put 6-8" of substrate in with my burrowing species so they can do their thing. You'll be surprised because one morning you'll check on your Cobalt and it will have dug a burrow overnight. Right now it must feel comfortable just being between the glass and bark, but it will burrow.

Andy

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Mine also has a bald patch.;P I do believe mine is wild cuaght, but it dosnt look injured. It really look as if it flicked the hairs off.I have ABout 6-8 inches of peat moss on the bottom of the cage and it has not dug much of a burrow either. I gave her a peice a cork bark and she mad a small hole under that, that she lives in now.I cant wait for it to molt and look all fresh.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by vulpina
Do you have a deep enough substrate for it to burrow? I put 6-8" of substrate in with my burrowing species so they can do their thing. You'll be surprised because one morning you'll check on your Cobalt and it will have dug a burrow overnight. Right now it must feel comfortable just being between the glass and bark, but it will burrow.

Andy
Mine has a nice little burrow in the peat moss substrate of her tank. It's right in the corner to so I can see her still.