My new curly hair T sling

annkdt7

Arachnopeon
I recently bought Romeo and since then I use a torch to observe him. Does it have a negative effect on the T if a torch light is shone on him? I would love to hear your opinions and also which is the best time of day to feed your sling? Thanx:?

advan

oOOo
Staff member
A flashlight is the only way I see mine. I don't have any cage lighting and their room is pretty dark. Just try not do bug them too much. As for feeding I haven't had a problem with feeding them at any given time of the day, but if your having issues with midday feeding then try at night. A few of mine are shy eaters, just leave the room and turn off the lights. Most of the time you check an hour later and the shy ones have a mouthful.:D

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the past I used to do this, But I noticed that most of the time the tarantula would just turn into a pet rock. Since a bright light shining on them suddenly is very unlikely to happen in nature I stopped. Later I picked up a small, less powerful red light to observe my spiders. It works great, the spiders dont seem to notice and just go about their busy lives.

annkdt7

Arachnopeon
Thank you both for your replies! It helps a lot! I'll try to get the red light at our nearest pet shop:)

samthaunknown

Arachnopeon
Thank you both for your replies! It helps a lot! I'll try to get the red light at our nearest pet shop:)
Yea i agree with puppet master on the red light, i picked one up at a local sporting goods in the fishing department.(Lil hand held )used for night fishing but i use it to watch the t's at night with NO distraction

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like I need to pick one up as well :)
Trust me you wont regret it. You will see a completly differeant side of your spiders at night with a red light. I think so many people feel their spider does nothing because they expect them to be active in daylight and that is just not the spiders way.