My new baby

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My new African giant black millipede. I'm not sure of the sex yet, so I don't have a name. Maybe Snuffy :)
It wouldn't uncoil until I gave it some fruit :p

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice... I have had my three millipedes for over a week now.. haven't seen them since I put them in the tank.... :rolleyes:

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe yeah, mine was hiding this morning. It was checking out the tank all last night though :). I want it to get used to handling, although, last night it was climbing all over me....doesn't seem to need to get used to anything lol. Very curious bug

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap: very cool! Cute little dudes in their own way :clap:

I'm still throwing around the idea of getting one myself.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice one. I'll tentatively say it's a male, based on the second picture. You'll have to check this picture to make sure.

I've noticed that as you perfect the habitat, they hide less and less. I keep adding to the "millipede jungle gym" that mine have and they keep coming out to explore it. :D

gunks

Arachnopeon
Cute!
In a weird weird way. I almost got my friend to buy one. I have my heart set on a vietnamese centipede myself (which I will hopefully be getting in the next couple of weeks!)

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice one. I'll tentatively say it's a male, based on the second picture. You'll have to check this picture to make sure.

I've noticed that as you perfect the habitat, they hide less and less. I keep adding to the "millipede jungle gym" that mine have and they keep coming out to explore it. :D
Thanks for showing me that! I haven't really been able to check because it stays curled up all the time hehe. It uncoiled this morning, but as soon as you touch it, it goes back. I'm really curious though. That last picture of it on the orange, the part on the orange is it's butt hehehe, it's head was all curled up.

Cute!
In a weird weird way. I almost got my friend to buy one. I have my heart set on a vietnamese centipede myself (which I will hopefully be getting in the next couple of weeks!)
Yeah, I'm not really into centipedes too much. I mean they are cool, but they kind of gross me out. Maybe it's the venomous/mechanical look they have, not too sure. But, I can tell you're excited you're getting one, so good for you :) :clap:

I like the millipede because they are so gentle, it's awesome :p

Last edited:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are really shy at first . . . like I mentioned, mine really warmed up to being explorative when I renovated their enclosure. :)

If you keep one on your hand for a few minutes it'll usually crawl about enough that you can sex it. Even if they stay curled, the most anti-social like to take a peek at their surroundings eventually.

By the way, a quick care tip: I've heard limited success with powdered mineral suppliments. The best source is oak leaves and rotting wood (oak is preferred, but any hardwood should suffice -- just nothing that smells like pine :)).

Final note before I get around to clicking "post": Centipedes are my creepiness threshold. I have four, and they give me the jibblies.

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are really shy at first . . . like I mentioned, mine really warmed up to being explorative when I renovated their enclosure. :)

If you keep one on your hand for a few minutes it'll usually crawl about enough that you can sex it. Even if they stay curled, the most anti-social like to take a peek at their surroundings eventually.

By the way, a quick care tip: I've heard limited success with powdered mineral suppliments. The best source is oak leaves and rotting wood (oak is preferred, but any hardwood should suffice -- just nothing that smells like pine :)).

Final note before I get around to clicking "post": Centipedes are my creepiness threshold. I have four, and they give me the jibblies.

Alright, thanks a lot :)
yeah, I don't think I could own a centipede lol....I have a T and I love her, but I leave her alone. I don't really want those fangs stuck in me :p

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone know where I can get some oak leaves shipped to Canada?

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There are, I just dunno where I would get the leaves. I don't want to take some from a park because there might be something could harm my millipede

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
oh, i have some rotten hard wood and some hickory leaves in a semi decayed state in my yard. I dont use pesticides out there either because i am trying to get some harverster any colonies going to hopefully get horned lizards to come back

Grim91Z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks nice, I can't wait to get mine (tomorrow). What do you house it in?

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks nice, I can't wait to get mine (tomorrow). What do you house it in?

I have it in a 50L sterilite container with lotsa holes....I think I need more though, the humidity is really high. Although, the dirt isn't soaked, so it might not be too bad

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:D! Hopefully she's already gravid . . .

Finger's crossed!

*passes around pink cigars*