My new addition!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I just aquired a 1/2" cobalt blue from Bryan Cronoss! and an emperor scorp! Thanks again Bryan!

James

P.S- 24 Tarantulas 3 Scorpions

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck james with your new pets. H. lividum can be a handful when grown, so be ready.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG james.... Most of yours are s'lings right? I can understand how you can fit those around, but How are you going to Fit 24 full-grown T's into a College Dorm???

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
OMG james.... Most of yours are s'lings right? I can understand how you can fit those around, but How are you going to Fit 24 full-grown T's into a College Dorm???

yeah, its alot, i may not live in a college dorm, i might get an apartment;P :confused: :?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah, its alot, i may not live in a college dorm, i might get an apartment;P :confused: :?
James, I'm just wondering if you are aware that the majority of colleges/universities require first-year freshmen to live in the provided dormitories?

Bry

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
Bad news, James. Unless you go to a community college, which doesn't sound like the best idea for someone pulling a near perfect straight A record, you *have* to live in the dorms for the first year unless you're married, 25, or have been in the military service.

I only had one T at the time I started college and I had to leave her with my mother for the first semester until I checked out the situation with roommates, RAs, etc.

However big your collection is, you'd better make sure you can trust one of your parents or younger siblings to care for it for as long as a year (and possibly longer).

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Bad news, James. Unless you go to a community college, which doesn't sound like the best idea for someone pulling a near perfect straight A record, you *have* to live in the dorms for the first year unless you're married, 25, or have been in the military service.

I only had one T at the time I started college and I had to leave her with my mother for the first semester until I checked out the situation with roommates, RAs, etc.

However big your collection is, you'd better make sure you can trust one of your parents or younger siblings to care for it for as long as a year (and possibly longer).
yeah, my brother david can take care of them for me, or rosalie my oldest sister. Can i bring like 1 or 2? Thanks for all the info guys! you are really helpful CM! Thanks!

James

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can i bring like 1 or 2?
My advice is not to take any at first. It is a given that no pets of any kind are officially allowed in dorms. But, depending on your RA, the strictness of the college "safety checks", the coolness of your roommates, etc., you may easily be able to bring some back after Thanksgiving break, then again, you might not.

What you do not want to have happen is you take a couple, your roommates and/or neighbors freak, and your RA confiscates a beloved pet.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer

What you do not want to have happen is you take a couple, your roommates and/or neighbors freak, and your RA confiscates a beloved pet.
ok, i guess i will check out what i am aloud to do the rules, ect. Thanks again!

James

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah, my brother david can take care of them for me, or rosalie my oldest sister.
I agree with what CM has said so far. I just wanted to bring up another point. Are you sure that David or Rosalie would be willing to take care of your Ts and scorps for at least a year? If you do know that for a fact, that's great. How old are you now, 13? If so, a lot can happen in just the few years between now and then. For whatever reason, there is a possibility your siblings may not be able to care for them by the time you go to college. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but caring for 24 Ts and 3 scorps may not seem like a lot to you, but it does to most. Especially when they belong to someone else.

There's a possibility you may choose to stay in the dorms for more than year, like CM mentioned. Take it from my experience, living in your own apartment does have its perks, but living in dorms makes life easier.

Regards,
Bry

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Vys, I have no idea exactly why they enforce this rule. I think it has something to do with safety rules as far as drinking and such. Colleges put a lot of money in their dormitory buildings. No sense in that if nobody's going to live in them. :)

Bry

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
Why?
I believe the term is in loco parentis. In the land of litigation, a college student, even if 18, is still legally regarded as a dependent. For 98%+ of the students under 25 entering a university, it will be there first time living on their own without any real supervision. Hence, whether its effective or not, the rationale is that you need to live in a semi-supervised environment for that first year before you run off to your own place with kegerators and closets full of bongs.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
I agree with what CM has said so far. I just wanted to bring up another point. Are you sure that David or Rosalie would be willing to take care of your Ts and scorps for at least a year? If you do know that for a fact, that's great. How old are you now, 13? If so, a lot can happen in just the few years between now and then. For whatever reason, there is a possibility your siblings may not be able to care for them by the time you go to college. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but caring for 24 Ts and 3 scorps may not seem like a lot to you, but it does to most. Especially when they belong to someone else.

There's a possibility you may choose to stay in the dorms for more than year, like CM mentioned. Take it from my experience, living in your own apartment does have its perks, but living in dorms makes life easier.

Regards,
Bry

My brother David is on these boards as well as me and is facinated with t's, when i am in my first year of college he will be in 10th grade, he helps me feed and water my ts and scorps! So we will just see what happens untill then!

JAmes

P.S- thanks for all of this helpful information, and yes i am 13!

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
...either that or you can beat the crap out of your dorm-mates so they keep moving out......

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by mebebraz
...either that or you can beat the crap out of your dorm-mates so they keep moving out......

stop giving me ideas! 1 fight in school is enough, but college...............:rolleyes:

=D ;P ;P ;P ;P

James

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL James...an on-campus fight in college is sure to get you expelled or even banned 95% of the time. Off-campus fights usually warrant a suspension if there is substantial proof that all parties were college students. At least, that's what they would do at RIT. Although, compared to high school and middle school, fistfights in college are rare. :)

Bry

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
LOL James...an on-campus fight in college is sure to get you expelled or even banned 95% of the time. Off-campus fights usually warrant a suspension if there is substantial proof that all parties were college students. At least, that's what they would do at RIT. Although, compared to high school and middle school, fistfights in college are rare. :)

Bry
lol=D =D