my MOM threw away my T

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
me and my mom got a big war last night when she decided to throw away my sling a.genic, its about 4-5 meter away and shes still not contented she knock off my g.rosea's eclosure on its shelf maybe 4 feet high...good thing she didnt throw my newly molted sub adult b.boehmei because it was glass enclosure..i was freaked out:eek: then i immediatly run and took my a.genic on the floor..:eek: :eek:

i was very angry at that time that i want to stab her to death but i gained control:mad: :mad:

then i also took my rosie on the floor...poor beauties there world turn upside down...i can imagine the little sling a.genic thinks that it was the end of the world....

good thing the rosie got her hide and when i dig her out she was really on the hide not moving a bit...:wall: :wall:

but the a.genic has no hide so a dig the little thing in...then there he/she was really scared that when i dig him/her out he/she emmidiatly run in circle

and the worst part is the a.geniculata is only a few mins when he/she finished a meal..and its belly is still very round at that time when suddenly my freaken mom threw him/her away....im very woried if its belly would pop due to the impact on the floor:eek: :eek: :eek:

then after 30 mins i finished rehousing them..my rosie seems to nothing happens and just wonder across the enclosure while my a.geniculata didnt move a bit....:mad: :mad:

but this morning i poked at them it seems that there ok now..my a.genic(sling)
is making its new burrow..i really hope there ok..

and now heres my question....
1. am i sure that there alright?
2. is there any internal problems occured and may kill them in the next few days?...

plsssssssss share your thoughts pls:confused:

but as of now there acting ok as if nothing happend..

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sorry

really sorry man i would of been ticked off 2 and wanting 2 stab my mom haha but itll b ok its possible 4 the abdomen 2 bust open on impact no matter wut depends how far it was dropped for the internal idk about that aint seen or heard much on that!!

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
<edit>

if she isn't idk what you should do...most parents just want you to tell them you love them or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap...I would be moving out, or getting some locks on my door. That is <edit> up. All you can really do is check on them once in a while, and leave them to recoop. If one had just eaten and was full, but no bleeding or fluid loss was present afterwards you are prolly okay. Internal is another thing, and that is something I doubt anyone would even be able to know. I am sure they would not be moving at all if there were internal injuries. Keep us updated on their status.

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Wow buddy ya i think it mihgt be time to give her the ole hairy side. I wouldnt be to worried about my rosie has got knocked off its shelf twice by my roomates cat and still happy as can be. Can't say that for the cat though. lol...

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whoa! slow down people, you're talking about someone's mother here!

What your mom did was wrong, sure. Perhaps she simply hates spiders. No I can't understand it either, but at the end of the day, if you're living in her house
and she has this reaction to your pets, you'd likely be better off waiting until you have your own place before aquiring anymore arachnids. (and rehome the ones you currently have)

My mother hated spiders too. Knowing that, i didn't keep any under her roof and respected her decision. Once I was living elsewhere, i could do as I pleased. It's just tough <edit> really. Deal with it and try to be more mature than:

'I want to stab my mother.'

That's way out of order.
Sam

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
i was very angry at that time that i want to stab her to death but i gained control:mad: :mad:
oh my sorry for this statement, i do love my mom very much, i guess i was just very dipressed at this time upon writing this thread...

hooo mom i am very sorry for these words...

and regarding the update...i was checking them almost every hour and it seems very ok...my rosie is just wondering the whole place and the baby geniculata is working on her burrow as of now.....

i was really sorry for that statement......it was just my initial reaction and im not gonna do it no matter what....:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would move your T's to your closet, and get a lock for the closet. Calmly sit down with your mother and tell her how you feel. (Leave out the wanting to stab her part).
If you act like an adult and are calm in the situation, you will not only gain her respect, but you will probably floor (shock) her by acting and being the adult.
I don't know how old you are, but if you have to stay living with your mom, then you and she need to sit down and talk about respect, house rules, and how/why the argument started.
Offer to pay a small amount of money OR do extra chores to pay "rent" for your T's. This gives you leverage if she tries to do something in the future. By keeping them in your closet, you will need to get a light if you don't have one already. ANd putting a lock on the door, (if its a sliding door, get two locks and hasps), You are ensuring she can't harm your wonderful little guys again.
She needs to respect your things, and have respect for living creatures whether she likes them or not. House rules ensure that both you and she are following rules that you both have set. Accountability is also a big one. You need to follow the rules and so does she. She needs to understand that it is a two way street. She must now that she does not set a good example by not following the rules that she agreed to, and that she is your mother and needs to be the responsible adult. She needs to BE respected, but she needs to respect you and others as well.
If you can't sit down with her and talk things over, try to get something you can lock your T's up in, OR you will probably come home to dead T's. IF you are afraid for them, I would try to keep them at a friends or re home them and wait till you are on your own to get more.
T-Chick

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well if it ever comes down to it you can ship your Ts to me and i'lltake good care of them for ya...add em to my other 18..I remember when some gardner snakes got out in my house my mother was a little mad but not really. that was YEARS ago though

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My mother was pretty bad at trying to get to me when I was young. She would throw my cat across the room and so on…I used to get so scared of her. What ever…the point I wanted to make is when you are a parent make sure you teach your children to be kind to animals. People who hurt children or animals are bullies who prey upon the weaknesses of those who cannot defend them selves. As I got older I realized that they are cowards who have no control of their emotions. For that reason and others I have finally pulled away from my mother…I do not want my daughter around someone that was so out of control and heartless…. I will never forgive my mother and I still don’t understand why she even had kids…I would never dream of being so mean to my child who I love and would protect with my life…. I want her to be happy and well adjusted…. she’s my number one priority.

I realize these are my issues, which I never ever talk about. The point I wanted to make is make sure you learn from it and don’t continue such behavior when you are a parent.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
I realize these are my issues, which I never ever talk about. The point I wanted to make is make sure you learn from it and don’t continue such behavior when you are a parent.
oh yeah that behavior of my mom was the only one i will not follow...
and sure thing i will control my anger.....

btw my mom and i are now at peace........:D :D :D :D

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Barko,
This can happen again. You need to sit down and talk to her. By stepping up and starting the conversation, you are showing responsibility and that you want to be respected.
She needs to understand that what she does can hurt living creatures. You need to protect them. I don't care if she is sorry, no person should do what she did. If she is mad at you, she shouldn't take it out on innocent living creatures.
I don't care if its all cool now, you need to make sure it doesn't happen again.
You wrote about how scared you were at the possible loss of life and damage to your T's. Re-read your post. Print it out.. (edit the part about stabbing) and show it to your mom.
You are responsible for the tiny lives you have decided to take care of. She needs to understand and respect that. You need to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Just my humble opinion

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This thread was as disrespectful as it was hard to read. Sounds like someone needs to learn some values. Furthermore I'm sure you did something equally disrespectful to your mother in the first place to make her throw your T's away? I'm still not sure exactly what it is you said she did.

The day your pets become more important than family is the day you need to re-think your priorities.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This thread was as disrespectful as it was hard to read. Sounds like someone needs to learn some values. Furthermore I'm sure you did something equally disrespectful to your mother in the first place to make her throw your T's away? I'm still not sure exactly what it is you said she did.

The day your pets become more important than family is the day you need to re-think your priorities.
how is it disrespectful because it is hard to read...he/she may have problems with english...

it doesnt take a genious to understand what he is talking about

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

No matter how angry someone gets trying to kill their pets is not the answer so he has a right to be angry. I do not know what he did to his mom, but im sure he did not try to kill her pets. A parent should control their angry a little more and punish their kids in a way that is not harmful to other living things. It would have been better if she made him get rid of the T's then trying to kill them.

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how is it disrespectful because it is hard to read...he/she may have problems with english...

it doesnt take a genious to understand what he is talking about
Ahem. He meant that the thread was disrepectful and hard to read. Not because it was hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.