My little P.Regalis

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little P.Regalis just did her molt and I thought she was a he but the dorsal stripe totally faded out and now is all white.....cool BUT she won't give up the old clothes and has herself walled off in the side of the tank with peat moss and webbing....she built herself a house! She is guarding her old clothes and won't give it up??:? Anyone out there have a pokie do this? Thanks in advance! Edit: She came out to play and I removed her old duds and took a quick and not so good photo.....
ok her is what she looked like about 2 to 3 months ago....male...
Here is what she looks like today and a somewhat better photo....dorsal stripe totally white now...female....
I hope this will help people who have P.Regalis slings. She is about 3" in size now.

Last edited:

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had a few T's do this :)

Some will eventually give up the molt and toss it outside their burrow.
Others, like my C. darlingi, will keep it in the burrow and incorporate it to the walls of his tunnel :D
For the most part they eventually toss it outside their burrow in a few days.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My avics always seem to leave it in their web. I swear the other day she was eating on it. I let it sit for about a week and then I wiggle in some tongs and pull it out. My h. mac always molts hidden in his hide and the only way I know he molted is I started finding legs and body parts dragged around the enclosure....Sometimes I wish I had a little night camera to see what he does when I am sleeping.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I waited until dark to snap a quick but crappy photo and I removed her old clothes and I messed up her web house and now she is pissed off. I guess I can't blame her tho....:rolleyes:

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My avics always seem to leave it in their web. I swear the other day she was eating on it. I let it sit for about a week and then I wiggle in some tongs and pull it out. My h. mac always molts hidden in his hide and the only way I know he molted is I started finding legs and body parts dragged around the enclosure....Sometimes I wish I had a little night camera to see what he does when I am sleeping.
My A.avic does the same thing when it molts