My little G.pulchra

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I am always asking questions about my little G.pulchra so I thought I'd show you all the the cause of my many questions :D

Mark

Last edited:

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice:D I just got one of them last week. It's about 3/4" big and I can't wait til she grows up!!!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

it looks just like my curlies! Great pic! Pretty T, it will be 5x as dark then it is now!

James

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty as a jewel. It must not be very skittish. Mine would dash clear across the room.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mark,
Does your Sling burrow? I put a pill bottle in mines enclosure for a hide. And it completely covered the thing wilh dirt. It might be in pre-molt. Has your done that?

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mr T,

It just molted on the 25th of January, so it is not in premolt. Nor does it burrow....it thinks its arboreal. Since i moved it into its new home yesterday, it wasn't until after supper today that i saw it on the ground. I cut up a peat-pot for and placed it over a partially pre-dug burrow i made for him to see if he will adopt it. The sling is 1.5 inches in length. When it was in it's old jar, it moved dirt like mad but until it gets used to its new home and stops climbing i don't think it will be doing much digging. It took it quite a while in its old cage before it started to dig - it just decided to do it one night. It sort of made a burrow, then turned it into a crevase that it sat in all the time. It was dry peat and hardly good for a burrow to hold shape. I changed the substrate to 50/50 slightly damp and packed down peat and potting soil in hopes of a better burrow.

It is super calm, it just crawled onto my hand and sat there for like 15 min, then i just set it down in its new home.

Mark