my leopard gecko doesnt look good....

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have gave You the proper dose for Your animal above as we safely use it here, but at any way You should go and get the faeces analysis beforу You do anything.
And if You have the micosporidia do not provide humidity even in the hiding place, only water dish! Any additional humidity helps micosporidia to spearing the lizard more and more.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have gave You the proper dose for Your animal above as we safely use it here, but at any way You should go and get the faeces analysis beforу You do anything.
And if You have the micosporidia do not provide humidity even in the hiding place, only water dish! Any additional humidity helps micosporidia to spearing the lizard more and more.
thanks for the advice, but i was recently told that even with a treatment, its not likely that it'll survive. im not sure what to do now, im at a standstill of wether its worth the money to try to save it. to me it looks like its on its last legs, just like my other one a few hours before it died. dont think im cruel or i dont care about the health of my animals, i have to think of it in an economic way as well. if it is alive on monday i will try to save it. but i really dont think it will be. she hasnt eaten, and she sits in her waterbowl just like my other one did.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just euthanized her. she wont be suffering soon. if she isnt gone already.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Average quarantine in major zoos is 30 days. Of course we have access to medical testing as well.

but isnt that kind of different? i mean, most major zoos are funded. so they can get better quality animals.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
K-TRAIN
This is Your animal according the human laws and You can do it anything You like. And this is a living creature according the nature laws along at Your own conscience...
THat's all I can say to You now...
Sorry for that little leo :(

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
but isnt that kind of different? i mean, most major zoos are funded. so they can get better quality animals.
Not necessarily. We have received animals from other zoos that were loaded with internal parasites and we do occasionally take in the unwanted pet (only if its something needed for the collection). Quarantining is a safe practice no matter where the animal comes from. He have skipped a full quarantine if they do a battery of medical tests before the animal comes on grounds. But in my experience, 30 days is generally enough.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not necessarily. We have received animals from other zoos that were loaded with internal parasites and we do occasionally take in the unwanted pet (only if its something needed for the collection). Quarantining is a safe practice no matter where the animal comes from. He have skipped a full quarantine if they do a battery of medical tests before the animal comes on grounds. But in my experience, 30 days is generally enough.
oh. ok. i always thought zoos bought the best animals around. so they were healthier then most others.