My Last and final T, you choose

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? So I recently sold off 5 tarantulas and only have 9, which is still alot in my mind. I did this because my friend can't understand my hobby for spiders and I am starting to agree... why all these spiders. Not to mention what girls think when I bring them over and there is a closet full of T's. Anyway, it is moult time here in the DeTwan household. I've had three spiders moult in the last 2 weeks, my GBB, P. Metallica, and one of my two A. Versicolors. Here is a list of what I have left...
P. Rufilata(Red Slate Ornamental)
P. Metallica(Gooty Sapphire)
P. Subfusca(Ivory Ornamental)
Two_ A. Versicolor(Antillies Pinktoe) had three but one was canibalized over winterbreak when I went on vacation and they where living in a communial tank.
B. Smithi(Mex. Red Knee)
E. Uatuman(Emerald Skeleton)
S Calceatum(Featherleg Baboon)
C. cyanopubescens(Green Bottle Blue)

I must have a collection well over a $1000 dollars and I have narrowed down my collection to the T's I really prize. What my question is, is what should my last and finally T be. As from my collection you can probably tell I collect unique, rare, and colorful T's so please stay within those guidelines. I am pretty sure that once I find my 10th T I will quite buying until I lose a few to well...death. I was thinking that my last will be the Columbian Lessblack, but I am always up for opinions!:confused:
Look for pics of all my T's to come!!!!!!!!

Frazier_05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What about Megaphobema mesomelas? I like their velvety black and orange look, but maybe that's just me lol.

Brett

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What about Megaphobema mesomelas? I like their velvety black and orange look, but maybe that's just me lol.

Brett
get a Xenesthis immanis they are awsome.

I agree with these two choices. Both fit your guidelines: they are both beautiful, pretty good sized, and quite rare. They are both fairly expensive, but you have a P.metallica so that probably isn't a problem.

Iggy

Arachnopeon
Get a Lampropelma violaceopes or Chilobrachys fimbriatus both are nice looking Ts.

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dude, Nhandu Chromatus. Where else do you get as much contrasting colors? And it won't break the bank.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you already have some nice pokies. If you want arboreal Cyriopagopus are beautiful, and not just the "blue" but the whole genus is.

X. Immanis is gorgeous if you want something extremely rare, and prices.

M. Mesomeles is probably the one i would choose, gets large, gorgeous colors and not TOO expensive (though still expect $100+) They require more closesly regulated care though, as they like it cool and humid.

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Depending on what sex your Gooty or P. Metallica is, I would get a male or female of the same species..
You can sell the offspring for boatloads.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Pamphobeteus ultramarinus - One of the nicest and rarest of this genus.
Xenesthis immanis or any Xenesthis - still rare in collections and quite pricey.
Megaphobema mesomelas - I agree with the above posts about this one.
Haplopelma schmidti - My favourite Haplopelma, not too rare but you don't seem to have any of this genus and it's nice to have at least one.
Poecilotheria miranda or tigrinawesseli - You already have some beautiful pokies, you could add to your collection. P. miranda is my
favourite.
Brachypelma albiceps, klaasi or baumgaurteni - These three seem to be the rarest of this genus, and all are gorgeous!

How about some dwarfs?
Cyriocosmus elegans - Fantastic markings even when very tiny, grow quickly.
Cyriocosmus sp. "Bolivia" - A little bigger than the C. elegans, but just as nice looking.
Metriopelma sp. - There are some very nice examples of this genus out there, and they are not very common.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After looking at your list I would imagine a money spider would be inline with your taste.
:D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How about A. purpurea? Or a T. purpurus? I just love purple spiders and you don't have any listed. Another real beauty is the A. geroldi.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
X. immanis IMO is too much like Pamphobeteous to really be worth it. I think something along the lines of Lampropelma violaceopes or Cyriopagopus sp. would be appropriate. Taps are also very beautiful.

:evil: And you have no irminia.:evil:

-Sean

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Well no one should make the choice for you, but my advice is to go with something from a genus you've never had before (like, say you've never owned an Acanthoscurria sp., get an Acanthoscurria). Or something with a long lifespan. ;)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as far as coloring goes, in my adult collection my Lampropelma violaceopes is my favorite. so much so i have a male on the way and plan to breed them when the time comes. as far as your choices go i would do the p. metallica. pricey, yes. but definitely eye catching. :cool: