My Juvenile Pinktoe is a Squirter lol!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
When I purchased my new pinktoe on the drive home the pinktoe started running around the tank and then stopped for a couple seconds raised its butt up and shot poop like 5 inches across the tank and it hit the wall... funniest thing I have ever seen! Anyone elses tarantulas have projectile poop?

TheDon

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a h maculata that does this its crazy allmost like there aiming for you.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
This is the first time i have seen this... I have 7 tarantulas now and this is the first with projectile poop! but then again I have never actually witnessed any of my other tarantulas poop just find it and clean it up.

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
When I purchased my new pinktoe on the drive home the pinktoe started running around the tank and then stopped for a couple seconds raised its butt up and shot poop like 5 inches across the tank and it hit the wall... funniest thing I have ever seen! Anyone elses tarantulas have projectile poop?

TheDon
I just got a new A. Avicularia last week... The first thing she did when I put her in her new enclosure was walk around in a circle and then shoot a projectile spider-poop

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All of my Avic's do that. I have a couple that seem to do it every time I hold them. I just know when the abdomen raises up, to make sure it is not pointing at me.

If you notice too, most of the time the end of the cage opposite of their hide is covered in "poop". They don't like to mess in their web or hide.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Yup, looks like a blast of paper "white-out."

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i notice the opposite: the inside of most of my avic's webs are white as, well, crap :)

peace
dave

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm.........mine must be weird, because the walls of the enclosures of my versicolor & avic have both white AND dark specks for me to clean.:? :)