My Introduction

Sting

Arachnopeon
When I was searching the internet looking at various information I came upon this forum and found it extremely fascinating, so I became a member. I became interested in the scorpion hobby around the age of 10 when I heard that someone saw a scorpion at an abandoned war bunker in Hawaii less than half a mile from my house. I was consumed with the thought of catching a scorpion and spent days searching until my labor finally paid of and I found a few scorpions. Although I do not know what species of scorpion I caught that many years ago I do remember how excited and amazed I was by my first scorpions. I have since been very interested in the hobby and have kept them many scorpions. I currently only have some forest scorpions, but should be getting some emperor scorpions soon. I should be able to post pictures of my tanks soon. I love to hear about scorpion breeding projects and would enjoy it very much if you would share about yours.
Thanks!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome to AB! :D look forward to seeing your pictures. and I mated my Emps a while back but we wont know much on that for a while :D other than that no breeding right now

Sting

Arachnopeon
Thanks for welcoming me. How many scorpions do you have and what species are they? Sorry if I am prying, but I am just interested.
Thanks!

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Sting, there are Isometrus** (previous typo said "lychas") species in Hawaii, thats most likely what you found, I forget the full species name but I know "Brian S", use to have the species I refer to and if he sees this he will probaly reply with the exact name.

Going through this site you'll see just how many scorpions are floating around. Our board owns some of the deadliest to some of the tamest scorpion species out there. Around here you will see Androctonus, Parabuthus, Pandinus, many types of Heterometrus, Vaejovis, Lychas, Hadogenes, many Centruroides, some Hottentottas, and within the last year we've come around a lot of Tityus species. There are many more, but those are just some of the types of scorpions people on this board own. There are an overwhelming number of species which all fall under the names above, and to start getting use to all of them, check out the scorpion files.
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/gallery.php

Many of those pictures are from people here on the board.

Welcome to the hobby... and don't be scared to search a bit.. and post if you can't find any results.

Ed

Last edited:

Sting

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the warm welcome, but I have actually been participating on and off in the hobby since I was 10. I have not been able to participate in it constantly because of moving form different states.
Thanks!