My H. Spinnifer/Longimanus is having babies!

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good Job!!
Always nice to hear peoples excitement about newborn scorpies!!
Makes me recall of like ..a month ago. I think i hopped up and down for like ten mins straight.=D =D =D

Tis the season!

Congrats!!

Mat

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, babies with a new sp. is always exciting!

Congrats!

Chris

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally gotta pic of Gohma and family.... check 'em out:

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks... althought the white of the nymphs is a little washed out thanks to my Gro-Lite.

So far she hasn't been very social and spends her entire time underneath a the rock hide that formerly belonged to her co-habitator, Rikimaru (Pandinus Imperator). I have since removed the Emperor to temporary housing to allow for her to do her thing. As expected, Riki's not too happy about the situation since the original tank was HIS to begin with and now he sits and stares constantly through the glass at his old tank.

Anyway, I'm anxious to off-load these babies and I've just recently met up with Bryan (aka Cronoss) at the Indianapolis Reptile Show. I'm looking to make a deal with him or otherwise sell them, but I don't know how much they are worth (I'm thinking $5-$10 a piece). Ideally, I'd like to use them as "credit" towards a male/female H. Spadix pair so I can attempt breeding - so if anyone has any suggestions on their individual worth, please gimme some suggestions.

Like I mentioned before, I'm not sure if they are H. Spinifer or H. Longimanus, but I've been referring to them as Spinifers - HOWEVER, I've done some checking through various sources and now I'm leaning towards Longimanus simply because the Spinifers vary slightly in color and Longimanus are typically a "flat black" (though correct me if this is a poor assumption).

I have a couple of close friends who are also interested in 1 or 2 and I will most likely keep about 3 for myself.

LCDXX

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Almost forgot...

"Why get rid of them?" you ask. Well, I don't have much room available in house (thankfully, otherwise I'd become obsessed and have 100's of Ts and scorps... which isn't a bad thing, mind you).

Plus, I'd considered selling them through a locally owned and worthwhile petstore through which I have connections with the owners, however, no one there is particularly well versed in arachnids, and even less so in scorpions. I feel that I'd have a difficult time convincing someone like this of the differences between Emperors and Forest Scorpions, especially considering that Forest Scorpions can and do fetch more on the market than Emperors (which are more or less "saturated" as far as exotic pets go) and are therefore worth more in wholesale value.

Oh, and if anyone on the site is interested in actually buying one off of me, send me a PM - we can work out something (but you'll have to pay shipping).

LCDXX