Arachnodemon
Old Timer
We can hardly wait for more man, bust out that video camera! :D :D ;P

Mark

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
Yes, but I prefer to play it a little safer than that... I don't think they're as 'used' to, or oriented to, that kind of prey as T. blondi. Maybe a big roach?
my adult female regalis will regularly take and eat rat pups. as a matter of fact she got so big she could not fit back in her cork bark tube until about four or five days after she ate.
Ed

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
More videos are on the way... I have one of my H. venatoria (Huntsman spider) eating a cricket -- not super-exciting, but interesting.

As for a rat pup w/ regalis, that's more doable than a full grown mouse, IMHO -- less chance of biting. The blondi, I know is 'programmed' for eating rodents like that. P. regalis is more oriented to stuff in the trees.

b

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
More videos are on the way... I have one of my H. venatoria (Huntsman spider) eating a cricket -- not super-exciting, but interesting.

As for a rat pup w/ regalis, that's more doable than a full grown mouse, IMHO -- less chance of biting. The blondi, I know is 'programmed' for eating rodents like that. P. regalis is more oriented to stuff in the trees.

b
aye......just made me think of something......how about a nestling of some type for the regalis? they sell baby chickens, quail, etc. at a local feed store....
Ed

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
..regarding Huntsmen, are some of them aggressive?
They're all in this old wretched house I'm residing in, (they look like huntsmen...) but these things are aggressive. Annoy them with something and they'll pounce and bite down..I wonder what they could be. As for videos..Poke and finch! pokie and finch!! :p

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bleh pede's are where i draw the line

You know what my cats love.... Crickets! my cats go nuts when i give them a crick to play with ocasionally the cric gets eaten

Last edited:

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A finch is a small lizard of sorts, right?
I just want to see some different species in action. I only get to watch my litle Pulchra take out crickets. That, however, is satisfying every time, and I doubt it ever gets old. We must have more videos!
Can someone who has watched the video give me a guess to how large that Blondi is? My friends watch the video, and they say "Man! that's a huge spider!" Then, smart as i am, i explain that it is the largest Tarantula, spider, and (i think) arachnid in the world. first of all, if that's wrong, somebody tell me, but when they ask how big it actually is, i'm not sure. i guess at about 6 or 7", but I wonder if it's larger..
My non-Tarantula-keeper friends aren't used to seeing a spider that's bigger than a mouse, and let's face facts; neither am I.
Anyway, this is the most interessting video on my hard drive right now. I need more!
The Rookie

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
..regarding Huntsmen, are some of them aggressive?
They're all in this old wretched house I'm residing in, (they look like huntsmen...) but these things are aggressive. Annoy them with something and they'll pounce and bite down..I wonder what they could be. As for videos..Poke and finch! pokie and finch!! :p
Take pics!!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah um, I tried, but with this camera I have I have to stand 15 yards away from the object I'm photographing, like...I guess you could still see its form though. I will not remain long here now, but if I see one again I'll scan and post!
Currently the ants have taken over the kitchen...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
WEll, I finally got the videos to play, using the player that that site has for free... Excellent work, I must say. Once you get that camera steady, you'll be in great shape. I like the pokie/finch Idea too. Just don't go too hollywood on your T's and accidentally hurt them trying to get good videos shot.

Bill

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah some of the times I had trouble keeping the camera steady... Especially with the centipede shot, where it kept slipping on the edge of the plastic jar. Might have to invest in a tripod or something (or drink less caffeine -- lol).

I may do the finch thing. I fed my regalis a fairly decent sized hopper and she deal with it easily, so a finch might work. I'd have to set up some serious lighting for it, tho.

bill

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Any idea when the next video will be coming? i just love seeing spiders i do not have in action!

Mark

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry, i know this is 2 months old, but can you put the videos back up? i would like to see some of them.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had to take the larger videos down because they were killing the server. Keep checking back - I'll try to get smaller versions up soon.

bill