my g.rosea is acting weird

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi i got up thismorning and noticed my g.rosea was climbing along the side of the cage. she doesn't usually climb, but then again she's a spider so it didn't bother me. but then she went up to the lid, got her fangs out and started lifting the lid off. luckily it was too heavy so she only got it a tiny bit off the tank. the lid came back down again but she had her foot slightly underneath the lid and it just slightly pinched the end of her foot. she couldn't escape but i didn't realise cuz i was makin the lid heavier so she wouldn't do it again. when i noticed her flailing around trying to free her foot i lifted the lid and she pulled it free. trouble is i put the weight on the lid while she was still trapped. she seems ok though and is using her leg as normal. i don't understand why she did it though. i've had her since october and she's never done anything like this before. any ideas?
thanks,
Jono

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
maybe shes getting bored of her enclosure????lol not sure never had a rosie, but i hear totally differant stories from everyones.........is there anything you changed recently in her tank?

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no haven't changed anything. probably just felt like exploring or something. thanks anyway.
Jono

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is certainly she? maybe a male who wants to go on a quest for a female ;)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Rosie struck at me today....all I know is that rosies are unpredictable.

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well it was sold to me as a female and it doesn't appear to have any tibial hooks but it's not mature yet. then again the guy who sold it to me was a complete dick who i will never buy anything from again.
by the way for people in the uk who want to buy a T, don't use craigs arachnids. he'll rip u off and u may not even get anything back once u send your money.
Jono

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jono_mad
well it was sold to me as a female and it doesn't appear to have any tibial hooks but it's not mature yet. then again the guy who sold it to me was a complete dick who i will never buy anything from again.
by the way for people in the uk who want to buy a T, don't use craigs arachnids. he'll rip u off and u may not even get anything back once u send your money.
Jono
lol you think thats a rip off lol

i paid 45 pounds for a 1 icnh A.geniculata un sexed! i musta been crazy but i was in love =D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Rosies are just wierd, that's normal behavior=D
Some climb, some dig, some of them just sit still, like a rock:)

Is the leg ok?
As long as it is not showing any fluid loss she should be fine.

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jono_mad
hi i got up thismorning and noticed my g.rosea was climbing along the side of the cage. she doesn't usually climb, but then again she's a spider so it didn't bother me. but then she went up to the lid, got her fangs out and started lifting the lid off. luckily it was too heavy so she only got it a tiny bit off the tank. the lid came back down again but she had her foot slightly underneath the lid and it just slightly pinched the end of her foot. she couldn't escape but i didn't realise cuz i was makin the lid heavier so she wouldn't do it again. when i noticed her flailing around trying to free her foot i lifted the lid and she pulled it free. trouble is i put the weight on the lid while she was still trapped. she seems ok though and is using her leg as normal. i don't understand why she did it though. i've had her since october and she's never done anything like this before. any ideas?
thanks,
Jono
Hi Jono

I would think the rosea will be ok and didnt do any damage to the leg if its acting normally and not leaking.
It was probably just having a wander. I wish mine would show a bit of action every now and then,she really suits the pet rock title. Except if I go anywhere near her.
Chid