My G.rosea chipped her fang!!!!

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Will she be okay? I don't know how it happened. Please help!

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh my goodness, I guess this is the one of the worst things that could happen. I never was in that case but I think if she is not bleeding extremely maybe she survives to the next molt with just one of her cheliceres. Think that she gets a new one then. Did you feed her in the postmolting week? If you did maybe her fangs bended and got instable. Just a guess.
Good luck though!

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is it only one fang? Was it eating regularly before this happened? If so try feeding it. How far back on the fang did the break occur? As long as it has one fang left and is not leaking hemolymph, I would suspect that it should be able to catch and eat crickets. I think Spider Saviour had an A. avicularia that lost a fang in a molt and it managed to eat and survive.

Hope this helps,

John

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not bad just the sharp end of it.a piece... it's not bleeding. I was just scared that it may harm her. Thanks :)

Originally posted by JP version 1.0
Is it only one fang? Was it eating regularly before this happened? If so try feeding it. How far back on the fang did the break occur? As long as it has one fang left and is not leaking hemolymph, I would suspect that it should be able to catch and eat crickets. I think Spider Saviour had an A. avicularia that lost a fang in a molt and it managed to eat and survive.

Hope this helps,

John

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just sold a A. chalcodes with a fang that was broken in half. She is big and fat. One fang didn't slow her eating down at all.;)

Ernie

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A chipped fang huh?

:( Awww..I am sorry to hear about your poor rosie Raveness....I believe that she will replace the damaged fang in her next molt....but like the others have said if she is not bleeding she should be just fine....good luck with her !!!!!!!!

=D The Evil Spider Hunter

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it will be Razor Sharp next Molt, not to worry :)