My first Ts

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just received my first Ts from Talkenlate04, two adorable B. smithi slings! I am more than excited about them, they are the cutest little things I've ever seen! Here are a few pics I snapped:
Sling 1:

Sling 2:

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are very cute! Congrats on your first two, that species was an excellent choice! :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
YAY!! Glad they are safe and sound. It's always cool to give someone their first Ts. {D
I hope they grow up to be females and I hope they get huge!!! :clap:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Adorable. I just got 5 of these guys about the same size. They are awesome to watch and it's crazy how they all have different personalities (spideralities?) already. Congratulations :D

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
it really is amazing to see their different personalities... They each ate a pre-killed small cricket... Those crickets looked so big next to them, but I haven't found a place that sells pinheads yet. Anyways, they didn't seem to mind much, I don't see any cricket remains in there with them!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm feeding mine on crickets the same size as themselves, just stick them in the freezer to pre-kill them first. So far all but 1 has eaten. I've only had them a few days so hopefuly in a week or so the last one will start eating.

Last edited:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At Smof> "spideralities", I like that. Ok folks, new term for T-dom.

You don't have to freeze to pre-kill. I smooshed head does nicely, and if you do it right, you'll leave the cricket able twitch just slightly to entice the T. Kind of sounds like a fine art form, doesn't it. LOL.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
freezing is easier for me, I don't think I'm at the point where I can smoosh heads...

Its funny, I was talking to my 17 y/o brother the other day about Ts, and he seemed really interested. But last night when I showed him the slings, he nearly freaked out, his reaction was almost as bad as his reaction to my hairless rat (for some reason he's afraid of rats, and he screams everytime I bring mine near him). He used to be really into bugs and everything, so I thought he'd be cool with it. He's just a pansy. My mom likes them, and my sister is going to come over to see them tomorrow. My dad doesn't know about them because he'd freak. Its funny how the "traditional gender roles" are working opposite here...

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah I find freezing easier too. Especially with such small crickets, if I tried to smoosh or chop off their heads there'd hardly be anything left. If the slings are in small enough pots they won't have a problem finding food that isn't moving.

And my parents are exactly the same. My mum doesn't have a problem with spiders and has held Smithers my big B. smithi, but my dad prefers to keep his distance. He did touch Smithers when I first got him but it was a very light brush of one of his legs and when the T moved so did my dad, away from the tank, very quickly {D

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
aw, Sling 2 is burrowing, its so cute! And its burrowing right next to the side of the vial, so I can still see! How thoughtful of it, lol.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a tiny sling who is burrowing too. It's so they can feel safe until they get a bit bigger. Mine is a C fasciatum and won't burrow when it gets older. Very cute slings. That bald thing with your brother is funny.

No1Dor

Arachnopeon
I have a 1/2" B.Smithi and I feed it crickets that are easily as large as the T. I pin the cricket down and cut its legs off with scissors, the cricket wriggles around like a worm. I do this as my T doesnt seem to like pre-killed food, using this method the cricket still stays alive until the T decides to eat. Good luck with your sling,mines a crazy little bastard!{D