My First T is on the way! Excited!

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
After long debate and decisions I finally decided on an L.p!
Can't wait for it to get here, will be out on the weekend gathering supplies!

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
After long debate and decisions I finally decided on an L.p!
Can't wait for it to get here, will be out on the weekend gathering supplies!
Congratulations and welcome to the hobby! Remember this moment when you're taking your turn at the AA podium and they want to know how you got started.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Congrats! It's so exciting getting a new T! Let's see how long until you get a second... and a third....

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Congrats, love the beefy tarantulas. Upload shots of your setup and we'd be happy to give feedback :)

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Congrats, love the beefy tarantulas. Upload shots of your setup and we'd be happy to give feedback :)
I would love some feedback on set up. I got a few ideas in a post I put up but would love more. It will only be a 1/4" and it's an unsexed sling.
Hoping it's a female, if not I am getting my son to think of guy names too just incase. I was told it will be unsexed until 1.5 inches when it has its first molt.
I guess the thing I am most worried about is keeping enclosure right temp. When they are slings do you have to keep enclosure humid?
Am using just a plastic container to start.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations on joining the worlds most dysfunctional family.

Just 1 small question though.
When does your 2nd tarantula arrive and what is it?
Don't try and deny it us lot on here are experts at
I'm only getting 1
I swear this is the last
I have no more space
And then follows this

Wow look at that 1
I can get 2 of those they're dwarf species
I'll get a sling I can make room for a sling

All joking aside welcome

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
This is weird. I was expecting this post to be asking what T should I get next. I am going to pretend you said that.

5 T's

A.genic fast growing, cheap, beautiful, large and always hungry. You need to watch your fingers though

B.vagans cheap, always hungry, beautiful, grows fast for a brachy but, its still a brachy.

A.chalcolodes gorgeous spiders, generally sweat hearts some will break that mold though

GBB. Do yourself a favor and google it, you are welcome

G.pulchripes you are going to get this spider, every noob does. It's a stereotype now. Gorgeous, grows fast for a grammastola but, they are generally a slow genus, gets a nice size. 50/50 on temperament. Some are sweet hearts, other's would defecate in your cereal if they could.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I would love some feedback on set up. I got a few ideas in a post I put up but would love more. It will only be a 1/4" and it's an unsexed sling.
Hoping it's a female, if not I am getting my son to think of guy names too just incase. I was told it will be unsexed until 1.5 inches when it has its first molt.
I guess the thing I am most worried about is keeping enclosure right temp. When they are slings do you have to keep enclosure humid?
Am using just a plastic container to start.
They're hardy creatures, and are very forgiving in husbandry. Don't worry about the humidity, just dry substrate and a bottle cap filled with water. For temperature, I'd keep the room at minimum 24 degrees to increase its appetite, but my sister kept hers as low as 20 and it still grew like grass.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The LP is one of many great first T's. When I got back into the hobby (the first tour I gained little to no knowledge honestly), I bought two T's, an LP and an A genticulata. Without two awesome T's like those, my second effort may have stalled out like the first. Welcome!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
'It will be unsexed until at 1,5 inches it has its first molt'@Charlottesweb17
That doesn't make sense...the T has already had its first molt before that size.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
The LP is one of many great first T's. When I got back into the hobby (the first tour I gained little to no knowledge honestly), I bought two T's, an LP and an A genticulata. Without two awesome T's like those, my second effort may have stalled out like the first. Welcome!
Thanks!

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I picked up one a month or two ago. Great t and molt cycles are pretty short at a small size. Here's a shot of it 3 weeks ago at .75" it's over 1" now I'm sure you'll be pleased with your decision

Attachments

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Is it a sling,juvie or an adult? Congrats though! Lp is also my first T. Very great choice