My first pokie!!!

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Went to my LPS to look at hissers today. They were fresh out, but they had a P.pederseni sling! Yaaaay!
And they had B.giganteus, which I got as well! Yaaaaaay!
:p

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jebbewocky, I'll be joining you as a proud pokie owner soon, too!

Shun the frumulous Bandersnatch!

Terry

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jebbewocky, I'll be joining you as a proud pokie owner soon, too!

Shun the frumulous Bandersnatch!

Terry

O_O You sir, have just named my OBT. I couldn't think of a good name. Bandersnatch! Yay!

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Congrats! And may I just add that I'm jealous. I wish any of the LPS near my house had Pokie slings! Heck, any slings. They're all wild caught (probably MM). Other than Preuss Pets, of course, but that's a 2 hour drive.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm delighted. Your welcome :). I was about to name one of my pulchra slings borogove but decided it was a bit mimsy! :D

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats! And may I just add that I'm jealous. I wish any of the LPS near my house had Pokie slings! Heck, any slings. They're all wild caught (probably MM). Other than Preuss Pets, of course, but that's a 2 hour drive.
Three of the LPS in my area have pokies, but two of them are adult females, and thus out of my price range. The other two are a P.fasciata, and a P.miranda.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm delighted. Your welcome :). I was about to name one of my pulchra slings borogove but decided it was a bit mimsy! :D
Lulz.

Oh, and the roaches are Bonnie and Clyde, but we don't know which is which. The guy at the store had a look, and said he can tell how they are different, but can't remember which is male, and which is female--he even showed me the different vents.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
congrats on the pokie!

nice. now if only someone could post something memorable to name my OBT i picked up today :p
William Henry Harrison--the president with the shortest term, as a result of being sworn in on a cold, rainy day, and dying of pneumonia.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nice. now if only someone could post something memorable to name my OBT i picked up today :p
Malevolent, Maybe the Zulu name for little orange demon. Of course I don't know what it is- you'll have to search that out for yourself {D{D
Terry

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
William Henry Harrison--the president with the shortest term, as a result of being sworn in on a cold, rainy day, and dying of pneumonia.
aww, thats sad! it already looks so skinny and underfed! i was thinking maybe on the lines of a muppet or a famous monster. thing is intense. the store discounted it just to see it gone! as i said in a previous reply, we were impressed with the threat pose it held all the way home!

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
aww, thats sad! it already looks so skinny and underfed! i was thinking maybe on the lines of a muppet or a famous monster. thing is intense. the store discounted it just to see it gone! as i said in a previous reply, we were impressed with the threat pose it held all the way home!
You could name it after my senior year art project, "The Dawn of the Ultimate Realization of the Meaningless of Human Existence in Vermillion," it was a sculpture made out of cardboard, and wire. I completed it the first day, and spent each subsequent day plastering it with another coat of vermilion acrylic paint to make it as orange as possible. Years later, I left it on the couch, and Dad sat on it.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jebbewocky, Then the name made more sense afterward..? {D

Terry

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
grats on new t... part of me wants to try a pokie...they are just soooooooo incredibly gorgeous...the other part of me read the bite reports and still is unsure of wanting a fast arborial with strong venom... but damn, they are awesome looking :D

Last edited:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
^ ?

Jebbewocky, Anyway, enjoy your new t. Looks like it may be a little longer before temps ease up and I get mine.

Terry