My elusive albo

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hmmm... probably a personality difference among species. But from what I read, Albos are generally docile... well, I hope mine turns out to be a nice kid someday...
This kooky-bugger behavior makes it one of my favorites. Unlike an OBT or the like i'm pretty sure it won't be coming up my tongs at me so i can be a little more at ease and enjoy the funny behavior (not that i instigate it on purpose, i don't). EVERYTHING that goes in there is potentially food though. It's like watching a little pomeranian dog acting like a pit bull. Cute but frightening at the same time.

To the starter of this thread: I think you're on the right track just letting yours do it's thang. Mine acted like that at first and has only adopted this behavior since 2 molts ago when i put it in a bigger jar with it's very first water dish. In general they're good display t's once they reach about 2".

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My biggest albopilosum is only about 2". It had a little burrow when very small but doesn't bhide now at all. If i squirt (a stream, not mist) water anywhere on the substate it attacks as if it were prey. perhaps you could use this to lure yours out into the open instead of forcing it. Or you could just let it do it's thing and probably be happier.

Also, whenever i even touch it's water dish my chopsticks recieve the most vicious attack i've seen from any spider. That includes the H. lividum, E. murinus and N. chromatus. Don't mess with a curly's water, you may pay with a finger!
I've noticed this behavior with my gf's albo.. every time we mist the container it tries to run after the water droplets.. fun to watch.. they are really interesting.. her albo is around 5cm+ and mine is smaller at around 2.5cm :D

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This kooky-bugger behavior makes it one of my favorites. Unlike an OBT or the like i'm pretty sure it won't be coming up my tongs at me so i can be a little more at ease and enjoy the funny behavior (not that i instigate it on purpose, i don't). EVERYTHING that goes in there is potentially food though. It's like watching a little pomeranian dog acting like a pit bull. Cute but frightening at the same time.

To the starter of this thread: I think you're on the right track just letting yours do it's thang. Mine acted like that at first and has only adopted this behavior since 2 molts ago when i put it in a bigger jar with it's very first water dish. In general they're good display t's once they reach about 2".
Thanks!!! Can't wait for it to molt again and grow...

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've noticed this behavior with my gf's albo.. every time we mist the container it tries to run after the water droplets.. fun to watch.. they are really interesting.. her albo is around 5cm+ and mine is smaller at around 2.5cm :D
Yeah its probably because they lay down sheets of web and anything that drops onto its substrate creates a vibration worth giving their attention to...

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got an albo as a freebe a couple of months ago, and he was nothing but a spec in size. He dug straight away for three molts, he is now about 1.5" and comes out alot more.

Leave the lil guy alone, as he gets larger, you will see more of him.

Good luck-

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got an albo as a freebe a couple of months ago, and he was nothing but a spec in size. He dug straight away for three molts, he is now about 1.5" and comes out alot more.

Leave the lil guy alone, as he gets larger, you will see more of him.

Good luck-
Thanks for the wellwishes!!!