My dubia roaches are all on their backs and refuse to get back up

JayEx3

Arachnopeon
so yeaterday, my venus flytrap died so I decided to take the moss that it was planted in into my dubia tank. I did this because I remember once I put some moss into the tank for decoration and they ate them. But now, most of my dubias are lethargic and on their backs. If I shine flash light on them, they move around, but there are quite a few that seems dead. I removed most of the moss as I could but left some in there since there are so many dubias entangled in them. What should I do? Did I just kill of my dubias?

Attachments

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
As the member above mentioned, definitely something lethal in the moss. I would rehouse the dubia ASAP, and hopefully that'll save a few.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
If they have been exposed to pesticides I wouldn't use any of them as feeders at all. Just toss them, clean and bleach the dubia tub and start over. No sense guessing which ones were exposed and how much they can tolerate before becoming food and passing it on.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'd definitely freeze the roaches and start a fresh. Absolutely no sense risking feeding them. They're hard as nails so even those that look alright may be "infected".

lotus

Arachnopeon
Yet another reminder that we should always know what anything used in our feeder tubes has potential been treated with

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Don't attempt to feed your T's with these roaches, their infected, toss them in a container, freeze them then dispose, you should get a new bunch, to re-start your colony, clean everything thoroughly that has been in contact with these roaches, the last thing you want is one of your spiders to eat one, and end up like the roaches.