My Collection Post Leaving Venomous Hobby

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I think I shot a very cool video this week of the yellow Kofiau Morelia viridis... I need to use this camera more for video it seems:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
When the family is grown more in the future, do you intend to re-acquire some veneomous snakes ? Or will you wait until you can build a completely separate domicile for them ?

Last edited:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
When the family is grown more in the future, do you intend to re-acquire some veneomous snakes ? Or will you wait until you can build a completely separate domicile for them ?
Eventually, I will get back to it but I would rather get some space outside the house.

In the meantime, here is the green Kofiau female:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Glad to hear that eventually you will return (with a vengeance haha). The exotic animal community would definitely be losing a valuable asset if you gave it up for good. But I definitely understand the need for the pause and the desire for a separate domicile.

Cheers!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Glad to hear that eventually you will return (with a vengeance haha). The exotic animal community would definitely be losing a valuable asset if you gave it up for good. But I definitely understand the need for the pause and the desire for a separate domicile.

Cheers!
Thanks mate...

The monitor lizard I have is getting tamer and more beautiful everyday. He is in shed now but still looks amazing after a bath:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Gorgeous colors! I've never seen a snake like that.
Agreed. :) They are probably the prettiest corn morph out there. As they age the become a uniform dark blood red except for the white pied patches and the pattern disappears completely.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Your monitor is cute as heck! Makes me want one but...Nope. I'll stick with my bearded dragons lol.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Your monitor is cute as heck! Makes me want one but...Nope. I'll stick with my bearded dragons lol.
Monitors are amazing animals to work with. Very smart compared to many other lizards. You can get a small one, they have some cool Aussie monitors like the Pilbara.

Since the subject is Aussie monitors, here is my black headed python. They feed on small monitors in the wild :) :

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Monitors are amazing animals to work with. Very smart compared to many other lizards. You can get a small one, they have some cool Aussie monitors like the Pilbara.

Since the subject is Aussie monitors, here is my black headed python. They feed on small monitors in the wild :)
That was quite a segue.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How is your black headed python as far as care/temperament? I can't find much info on keeping them, and I've never had a big snake before so they intimidate me lol

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
That was quite a segue.
;)

How is your black headed python as far as care/temperament? I can't find much info on keeping them, and I've never had a big snake before so they intimidate me lol
They are unpredictable. Some days you can play with them for hours and no incident, other days they will bite, constrict and hold on. I wouldn't wanna get bitten by a big one for sure. Care is easy, typical dry setup. Normal prey is lizards but they are fine with mice and rats. You just need to watch out for overfeeding.

In the meantime, here is an update on my beautiful water monitor:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Henry is getting used to run around the house since I have my wife away on holiday for a couple weeks :) :

And here is a nice kingsnake:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Forgot to ask you this man: do you still own Theraphosidae and Centipedes, or you quit everything venomous so not only snakes? Remember you had a S.hardwickei among others, great masters of escapes they are ah ah.

Just curious :-s

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Forgot to ask you this man: do you still own Theraphosidae and Centipedes, or you quit everything venomous so not only snakes? Remember you had a S.hardwickei among others, great masters of escapes they are ah ah.

Just curious :-s
Just the snakes mate. I am not very concerned about the inverts I have.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just the snakes mate. I am not very concerned about the inverts I have.
Great, do you still own Centipedes, then :-s
I have recently bought a S.subspinipes, those buggers are crazy, man... 'OBT' are little tantrum childrens in comparison.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Great, do you still own Centipedes, then :-s
I have recently bought a S.subspinipes, those buggers are crazy, man... 'OBT' are little tantrum childrens in comparison.
I do have a single Scolopendra hardwickei but he is not horrible, not that I take him out or anything. I mean after dealing with insane cobras, especially tarantulas don't get my heart beating fast.