My Centruroides testaceus (with pics)

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I'm usually not seen on the scorpion forum but I thought I'd share some pics. This is not too common in the hobby so I thought some people might like to see some pictures. OVer Last summer a guy came into the LPS that I worked at with a scorpion that came home in his luggage from the little island of Bonaire. None of the other employees knew what to do with it so they called me to the store on my only off-day that week with "a surprise". So of course I had to see what it was, and when I arrived I was given this "unidentified" scorpion. After some research I've come to the conclusion (and about 98% sure) that it is a Centruroides testaceus. Alright, some pics now:

Eating a freshly-molted dubia nymph:

Drinking from a seashell:

That's it for now. I have a few other pictures that I'll upload later.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Tom,

Very nice pics, those are very nice. These are indeed C.testaceus. I work in a Dutch museum so we have some stuff from the Dutch Antilles, and have recently seen specimens from various islands and also from localities in Venezuela, and I can confirm the ID ;)

Cheers, Michiel

TomM

Old Timer
Hi Tom,

Very nice pics, those are very nice. These are indeed C.testaceus. I work in a Dutch museum so we have some stuff from the Dutch Antilles, and have recently seen specimens from various islands and also from localities in Venezuela, and I can confirm the ID ;)

Cheers, Michiel
Awesome! Thank you for the positive I.D.

TomM

Old Timer
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm just going to post this here. It's a feeding video for my Centruroides vittatus and my testaceus in HD!!!:drool: hahaha... Seriously though, the testaceus video is pretty cool if you don't mind me saying. Just click the video again if you want to watch it in HD on YouTube, and the audio problem should be resolved shortly. Enjoy!
[YOUTUBE]9LwsZ5dMlAs[/YOUTUBE]

TomM

Old Timer
No problem. I still have yet to get a video of it actually catching and stinging its prey, but I figured not many people have seen C. testaceus, especially moving around.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No problem. I still have yet to get a video of it actually catching and stinging its prey, but I figured not many people have seen C. testaceus, especially moving around.
Yes, please get a vid of that for us :D

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome!
Centruroides are the best.
Any centuroides:D