My baby is grown up

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My Acanthoscurria geniculata molted today into a mature male.:(
I've had him for almost a year and when I got him he was 2.75". He is now almost 7" and one of the most beautiful tarantulas I have every seen. He is very gentle and up until this molt allowed me to touch him on a regular basis.
Anyway, I'm kinda bummed knowing his days are numbered, but may find some comfort in possibly sending him out for mating. Maybe if he mates successfully, there may be some of the prodgeny that carry him gently demeanor.
Any thoughts?
Ralph

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have a terrible suspicion that my A genic is also male. Unfortunately, he mutilates his exuvia so that I can't tell.
He also has become increasingly surly with each molt, so that I haven't even attempted handling since 2 molts ago.
I am HOPING that mine is a female, but I somehow doubt it with my luck.... :)
I would try a breeding loan if I were you....that is what I would do anyway!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a shame rknralf, All my T's have been molting out males too. I have my fingers crossed that my A. geniculata is a female, cause I love that spider.

Ernie

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd do a breeding exchange also. No point in letting him go to waste. You've got a pretty good chance of finding someone on this site with a mature female that might be interested in giving it a shot. I just shipped my first T to Galeogirl to try a breeding. Unfortunately, I don't know the sex of my A. geniculata yet and it is only about 2.5" right now. Molt pending soon though. Good luck.

Botar

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Found a mate for Erik!

Well, I found a mate for Erik.
I'm going to ship him out on the 16th to Darrin at Golden Phoenix Exotica. I wanted to give him some time to eat a bit before sending.
Funny as I originally got Erik from Darrin last year and now he is going full circle.
I got some great information on packing him from Darrin, but am also looking for any additional information that might help insure Erik gets to Arizona in one piece.
Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Ralph

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey

Its quite nice to see ur big guy will pass his genes on, you will take care for his bloodline, be happy.