MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( Now he has these hard little lumps on his tummy!:(

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( And his butt looks like a dried up peanut!:(

But, Scarlett is porking out and her butt is getting kinda round shaped... could Rhett have left his legacy?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how do u pic up ur t like that explain in excrutiating detail

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
If you're talking about the 1st picture, I just grab them between the 2nd and 3rd pairs of legs. If they're fast you might want to pin the carapace first using your index finger before you put your fingers in the above position. I only do this with fairly docile Ts, but I've seen more brave souls in pictures with some OW Ts being held this way

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah the subtle art of "the pin" --

alot of people swear by it -- when you need to inspect the underneath of the T its really the best/only way (you can do it through the tank, but thats not that good)...

when you do it, the T's legs usually just go limp and they can't tag you.

ah man, terri -- i cant tell from the pic if the abdomen is shriveled? I hope its not parasites.. notice any of the white gunk?

i assume you've tried water, right?
is it eating normally?

what have you tried for it?
peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well, first and most important: I WOULD NEVER PICK UP MY ORANGE BITEY THING LIKE THAT!!!=D

I just put my fingers in, pet his little butt to let him know I'm there, and pinch between some legs, making sure I have a hold on the carapace and not the opisthoma.

Some would say that Ts have no "memories", and can't "get to know you", but all of my docile species permit this type of handling. The unidentified ap. species doesn't even move when I'm holding her that way. Perhaps they sense that I'm not out to hurt them and feel comfortable being held by me. I DO have that "animal thing", they can sense I'm an animal person. Maybe it's my vibes?!:?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Dave; he's post-ultimate. Nothing can help him now. WAHHHHHHHHH SNIFF, SNIFF WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(I just hope that when he coupled with Scarlett, he left a little of himself to carry on his name!)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah man..
sorry about that, but he had a good run?

little rhetts will soon bless your home hopefully?

and the reasons i've heard for why the pin method works, is, that never really happens in the wild, so their brains don't know how to process it, so they just go limp.

thats what's bandied about at the T-parties i've attended :)

peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Ah crap... I thought it was me they were responding to! Oh well, I guess it's a GOOD thing that I don't make things go limp when I pick them up!:rolleyes:

SORRY MISTER INTERNET.... HAD TO... COULDN'T RESIST... DAVE MADE ME DO IT... GETTING BACK ON TOPIC...

We will see soon, if mama's butt gets any fatter I will start getting hopeful! I forgot to write down the date of breeding... I'm gonna have to search this site to find out when the magical night was!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My B. Vagans has this problem with climbing the walls of her tank and injuring herself. I'm half tempted to put her in an ICU to keep her from injuring herself anymore. Let me clarify, she's injured herself but she keeps insisting on crawling on the wall further injuring herself even more.

Last edited: