My Avic is broken :(

Meat

Arachnopeon
Hi to all. I regret finding my Avic avic was broken today. :8o
I've had her for 3 years and probably ran out of battery or too old. Legs tucked under the body, so not moulting.

I have several spare tanks and looking to grab some other T's. I'm wondering if OBT's are communal' if so, would a 30 gallon tank work for about 3 or 4 of them. Tank is tall, and rectangular like any typical tank. I don't want anymore broken tarantulas, so is community living between OBT's possible?

I'm also looking at Indian Ornamentals or Tiger Rumps.

Thanks for any advice!

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you mean she died when you said broken...maybe she was a he.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...i could think of a good hand full of T's (different sp.) that have "tiger rumps".

somewtimes it helps to be abit more specific...i thinkyour talkin bout C. fasciatum tho...they def are not communal.....

as for P. regalis (indian ornamental)...i love'em,..one of my faves....i have never kept them communaly tho, so no advice from on that matter.....im sure a few others on this board might chime in and kick some knowledge, or you could bust out a search...there are many threads discussing these Q's.

Meat

Arachnopeon
if you mean she died when you said broken...maybe she was a he.
I usually say broken, but died yes.

I was looking to get a few P. Murinus to live communally together. Was just wondering if that would be possible or are they better left seperated due to their defensive behaviors.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry about your loss, its always sad to know your T passed:(.... OBT's can be kept together but are not communal, its more like they tolerate each other. They are best left separated because its more likely you will end up with just one fat OBT in the end.