My A.seemanni seems dehydrated after molting

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About a week ago, I went to offer crickets to my T, and discovered her with a wrinkly abdomen, I tried getting her to drink, and the put her in ICU and checked on her hourly, gradually she improved over the day, and I was able to return her to her original enclosure.
For a week I kept humidity levels higher than 50%, and she seemed OK, then today she molts!
I came back from work, and she seemed like a limp noodle, and her abdomen has a slightly sunken in appearance near the front towards the carapace,
I am concerned that she had a wet molt, most of her hairs were slicked down, and right now only the longer ones seem to be sticking up.
I have had her in ICU for a couple hours, and been watching closely at the shape of her abdomen, it seems to be expanding, or getting less wrinkled.
At first I could see the abdomen hairs moving with each heartbeat, this is less visible now, as her abdomen seems more round now.

How lonng shoild I have her in there for?

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
This species should be kept on several inches of damp soil.

Why would you need an ICU to rehydrate it?

Pictures of enclosure and specimen may help.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have coco fiber in her original enclosure, and wet some of it by the water dish, and usually she would be fine, If it started to get dry in there, she would go sit over the moist substrate, or take a drink or a dip in the water dish. This molt snuck up on me with virtually no indication, no bald spot, no dark abdomen, was feisty last night just before the molt, (attacking water drops when filling dish, or moistening substrate)
I put her in ICU, since she was having trouble getting to the water dish after the molt.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
I have coco fiber in her original enclosure, and wet some of it by the water dish, and usually she would be fine, If it started to get dry in there, she would go sit over the moist substrate, or take a drink or a dip in the water dish. This molt snuck up on me with virtually no indication, no bald spot, no dark abdomen, was feisty last night just before the molt, (attacking water drops when filling dish, or moistening substrate)
I put her in ICU, since she was having trouble getting to the water dish after the molt.
Yea ICU is not the best option for your t.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I now have her back in her enclosure, with several moist patches of substrate, and a full water dish, I will be carefully watching for any changes.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I picture could help us.

If you feel that the T is dehydrated moist slightly all or the major the substrate, it wont hurt your T and it will help to reduce the dehydration.

Is there anything in your house that can make the air drier like an AC unit?

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ac unit might have been part of the problem, its off now, has been for a couple weeks, of course I have electric furnace to watch out for its drying effects too now

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Keep an eye on the evaporation rate of the substrate, keeping it moist should counteract any dry air due to the AC or the furnace heating the air.