My A. Avic keeps cleaning his legs LOL

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I never knew they cleaned themselves - I wish I could get a video of it. All day today he puts a leg underneath his fangs and just wipes it a bunch of times dragging the leg under his fangs. Then he switches to another leg! Isn't that amazing! I wonder how he keeps track of which leg he has cleaned. LOL.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I never knew they cleaned themselves - I wish I could get a video of it. All day today he puts a leg underneath his fangs and just wipes it a bunch of times dragging the leg under his fangs. Then he switches to another leg! Isn't that amazing! I wonder how he keeps track of which leg he has cleaned. LOL.
If you just ran your appendages through your mouth a few time couldn't you tell which ones you've done? lol ;)

bksbuddha

Arachnopeon
It is really awesome to watch them cleaning themselves. I actually saw my new E. campestratus Charisma dipping her feet in her pool & what looked like rubbing them on her underside. {D That was totally weird.

Raine

Arachnopeon
I saw my G. rosea cleaning herself for the first time while she was sitting on the palm of my hand! Needless to say I was very surprised. I knew that ants and locusts did so, but for some reason picturing a spider doing it, especially a tarantula, didn't occur to me! She just put her front leg under her fangs and dragged it along before rubbing it on her other leg, and repeated the process. I could only stare in awe. It was certainly neat to watch! :)