My 20 year streak comes to an end

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The last time I had a T get loose was about 1982 but this morning as I was getting ready for work I ruined that nice streak. There, on a dresser, was an empty beanie baby cage that used to have a decent sized juvenile male A. geniculata.

I remember thinking when he moulted about a month ago that he was looking kind of large for the cage and I needed to get him moved. Guess I should have moved quicker.

I just know he'll wait for my wife to get back in town before making a reappearance (that or one of my ferrets is going to get the face full of all face fulls of urticating hairs when one of them finds him).

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it at all follows the escape-routines my T's have had, it'll be under some drawer or cabinet, sitting very still in all the dust.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a pretty long time without one getting loose!
well it was a good run while it lasted wasnt it?

Risto

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Quick resolution to streak's end

Aha! The little bugger was free a much shorter time than the 3 months my P. cancerides roamed my parents house back in '82. Started ransacking the closet near the dresser and found him conveniently sitting atop some books in one of the boxes.

Things should go much smoother with female matrimonial unit coming home tomorrow now that this has been successfully resolved ;)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Quick resolution to streak's end

Originally posted by Code Monkey
Aha! The little bugger was free a much shorter time than the 3 months my P. cancerides roamed my parents house back in '82. Started ransacking the closet near the dresser and found him conveniently sitting atop some books in one of the boxes.

Things should go much smoother with female matrimonial unit coming home tomorrow now that this has been successfully resolved ;)

Glad you found him, lmao you had a P. cancerides running around your house for 3 months??? holy crap, my parents would go nuts they dont really like my inverts but they talorate them, i too have a P. cancerides and its mean as hell does not like me messing around in his cage at all(changing water dish,removing crickets) my mom would kill me if i had that sucker runnin around my house:eek:

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
don't sweat it man, 20 yrs is still a damn good record.

plus, the quick recoup time was a true saving grace. ;)