Moving/packing small spiders

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I looked at the thread about transporting spiders, but I am not sure if it applies to spiderlings and juvies. Is there any difference in the transportation process?
Also, is FedEx the best delivery system for t-s in the US? If not, what is?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I looked at the thread about transporting spiders, but I am not sure if it applies to spiderlings and juvies. Is there any difference in the transportation process?
Also, is FedEx the best delivery system for t-s in the US? If not, what is?
USPS priority/overnight works great! priority is cheap, and it only takes 2-3 days, i've never had any probs with priority, all arrived just fine! don't know which thread you're talking about, but for shipping, just some small vials with damp paper towel lining should be just fine for juvies/slings. hope this helps!;)

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks guys
honestly, a lot of ppl who do shipping told me UPS sucks when compared to FedEx with regards to handling. But I would like to hear some opinions.
Overnight, obviously.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I still have not been done wrong by USPS overnight. Some areas are not covered by it and if I am shipping something of great value and have to overnight but USPS can't my second choice is FedEX. Spendy but it gets the job done.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've ordered from Swift's twice and he uses DHL exclusively for his priority overnight. I've not had a problem. Now, i don't know if he prefers DHL for the quality of the service or if it's something else like convenience or whatever. Either way, DHL is a third alternative and i've not had a bad experience with them either through ordering t's or shipping/receiving through work.

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've had bad experiences with both DHL and USPS, but never with FedEx so now i use them for everything. DHL delivered a package that was meant for me to some random person i guess was walking down the street near my house once, and i went thru hell to get it back. then USPS lost a package that I sent once, costing me about $100 and it was never found, and otherwise when they delivered a spider to my apartment they pulled up to the apartment leasing office and started literally THROWING packages into an office area, some of which i could see were clearly labeled "fragile". But fedex is great and they are constantly tracking everything. i've sent probably over a hundred packages thru them and never had a single problem.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess we all have different experiences. FedEx lost my xbox360 HDD when i sent it in for a repair. It took a week and a half to officially declare it missing. After that it had to be missing for 2 more weeks to be turned over to claims. Claims took another week and a half to process. By the time FedEx had officially decided to replace the item (just under 6 weeks) Microsoft had already shipped me a new one at my cost.

This was not priority overnight of course but still... plus they would have never even declared it missing if i hadn't followed up with microsoft to see if they'd received it.

I wonder if you could ship T's via carrier pigeon? Perhaps Pony Express?

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've gotten spiders fedex and USPS, and definitely prefered the fedex...it might be a location thing, but the USPS guy (we were home) didnt knock or anyhting, and just left a note to go get them at the PO...we called the PO and they said wed have to wait to the next morning, but we didn't like that idea, got them that day..and with "this side up" and such all over the box..the PO lady was slamming it aorund, flipping it over.. I was unhappy..
The fedex box arrived sooner then the USPS one too

julesee

Arachnopeon
Fedex would be my best bet. doing overnight would be better..anything else you cant guarantee a live arrival.