Moving Internationally with Ts?

Ryan Reynolds

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have experience with or know how to move with tarantulas? I have two years to figure out how to get my P. Metallicas from here (Ukraine) to the U.S. and then to somewhere else. I know it's not likely but any help would be appreciated.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Does anyone have experience with or know how to move with tarantulas? I have two years to figure out how to get my P. Metallicas from here (Ukraine) to the U.S. and then to somewhere else. I know it's not likely but any help would be appreciated.
I suggest contacting the US Embassy in Ukraine for better info.
https://ua.usembassy.gov/

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. My dad works there and he is pretty stumped as well so i'm not sure how much that will help though
He might be able to at least reach out again and fig a little deeper. I'm sure there are people have moved from Ukraine to the US with their animals before.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
It can be done but not worth the hassle IMO. Sell them and buy some after you move and get settled.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I think it's possible. Only few things in life are impossible. Now, of course, if the animals you want to move with you from nation A to nation B are banned in nation B, nope. Otherwise IMO it's only a question of time, cash, boring bureaucracy.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Any advice on where to start?
Maybe from where you live. Your profile says 'Thailand', but you said 'Ukraine'. Contact the embassy of the nation you want to move, explain your issue, prepare cash at the hand, Biblical patience for all the papers/bureacracy etc, done IMO I think :-s

As advan said, IMO it's not worth as well for me but do what you want, of course.

boina

Lady of the mites
I've traveled to and from the USA with pets, but only with cats and dogs... That was easy enough.
Now I don't know if the embassy is the best choice to ask, since this is very specialized knowledge they may not really need to have.

Another option is to ask a specialized pet shipping company. They usually know what is required and some may even do the paperwork for you - for a fee, of course. I only know a German company that works out of Frankfurt, but they regularly ship reptiles to the USA and they mention they have shipped "baboon spiders". Try _petshipping.com_ , they have an English page, and see if they can help you.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Maybe find an exporter there (somewhere in Europe) who will be sending a shipment to the US to a licensed importer and ask if your specimens can tag along for the ride. It won't be worth it in my opinion, but I bet that is the cheapest way if you can find someone trustworthy.